Sports Scores app request

I actually switched it so there is actually an additional config (existing configs will not be broken, that was part of the issue why it wasn’t merged last week), as I have it by sport and league.

But yeah, you’ll just have to set your config options. Your existing installs should not be broken though either.

1 Like

Hi pineapple … apologies for being antsy here but any idea when your updates will be approved and available? Thanks.

There was another kink that got fixed. it’s technically merged they just haven’t updated the update yet. There was some uncertainty on a couple things so I think they are doing internal testing.

Below is a link of FAQs for community apps and stuff of how this process works, but I don’t know when it will show up on the app itself. Again you can technically always run it locally until then if you want.

https://github.com/tidbyt/community/blob/main/docs/FAQ.md

Thanks - appreciate update.

Looks like update just pushed through. Looks awesome. Thanks again!

Thank you so much - I am trying to get it to load the new change, and in the APP when I am configuring, I see times that are in the format I want (12 hour), but when I add it to the Tidbyt itself, the times are only in 24 hour format. Any suggestions how I make it work?

No idea why it isn’t working, it did locally. I’ll see if I can figure out what’s up. Can’t find an error in the code either.

1 Like

When I test it locally with my own config values, it works perfectly in all ways. When I run it from the App, though, it seems to use the default schema values inside the function “def adjust_gametime(gametime_raw, config):” No matter what config values I give the app, it always puts the “ET” after the time and it always expresses the time in 24h format. I have absolutely no idea why this works perfectly when I render the file myself but does not work when the Tidbyt Server does it in real time.

Was just about to test it again myself, long day… I know it changed like it was supposed to when I submitted that fix. It’s not even working in pixlet serve for me for whatever reason the logic in all of the code is fine though. Although maybe I only tried pixlet render now that I think about it… either way that doesn’t make sense… I’ll look into it.

Hopefully I can get a fix in there or figure out what’s going on.

Thanks for checking!

Edit: the only thing I can think of is it is using the cached formatted data, however since I had the local tz in there prior and that worked that doesn’t seem like the likely issue as now both don’t work… I’ll let you know when I can find the fix. I’ve contacted Tidbyt to see if they have any thoughts though.

I wonder if it has anything to do with config being passed multiple times. I wonder if extracting the necessary bool values from config and then passing those values themselves would make the server happy. That is just a wild guess that maybe they have some memory-saving technology on their server that this is running up against with the multiple passes.

No that’s pretty irrelevant, besides I only am looking for that config value in that function and it’s also being processed linearly, so it shouldn’t matter since the code would still run through once before accepting a changed config if that makes sense.

edit: I see your point in overwriting stuff and what not, but I don’t think that’s what’s going on here.

Yeah - very likely you are right about irrelevance, but I did notice that the time-zone toggle had no effect for me on the actual App version on the Tidbyt, and only every once in a blue-moon did the times render without the “ET” but most times the toggle was ignored. This has been happening for the several months I used the app. I had chalked it up to living in the Eastern Timezone, but this is not what the code says should matter. I also noticed that this was the only place that config was passed twice … once to the particular sport and then a second time to the formatting of the time.

Yeah as I said, I’m not sure how to check since it works fine locally but not in pixlet serve, I’m guessing it may be with the tz parameter partially or something. I will let you know when I find something out.

That doesn’t matter though config is not altered in this, it’s just the schema values, so it’s just being used to get those values.

edit: I also know I tried different timezones manually and the code worked fine, so I don’t believe it’s inherently with the code per se. there maybe a small bug, but it’s not showing up in the code logic obviously.

edit2: and the tz parameter is on the pixlet side too.

I think I know what’s going on. I should of realized it sooner and just never checked it as I was only testing locally. Basically I need to run adjust_gametime again for cached data. I’ll get a PR in for it soon.

2 Likes

So I have it so the time format should work, the only thing I can’t test until real time is the local tz, I’ll fix if it becomes an issue. I don’t think it will be.

I checked with pixlet serve and the 12/24 hour should work. @Tidbytter feel free to sanity check me if you’d like by downloading this PR file here.

I think it’s working! Very well, too!

Looks to be working on my end as well!

Just wanted to say, this thread in general, and the work of developers like @pineapple to contribute excellent products and continually strive to accommodate others’ desires and make their work better and better, is why I am truly glad to be a part of this community. Thank you @pineapple for making my Tidbyt ever better!

3 Likes

Hi pineapple … thanks again for all of your hard work. The amount of new sports/score related content adds over the last couple of weeks or so have been awesome. I just bought a second Tidbyt for this reason alone.

One FYI for the newly added English soccer option (soccer/EPL) to the Sports Scores app. With the scores rolling over to the new day each morning at 11am ET/8am PT we’re missing about half of the EPL day in progress (given the time zone differences with the UK). Is there any way to change when the scores roll to the current day just for this league?

Thanks again!

I just opened a PR that resets scores at 11am London time. I want to keep it consistent with the others, etc. because the data used and cached is the same for everyone (per sport obviously).

There is a league note on EPL that I may or may not remove so EPL in the league dropdown will now say:
EPL (scores reset at 11am London time)

Hope this helps!

1 Like