Sports Scores app request

Awesome and much apprecIated.

Took me a long time to realize what was going on in the Football Listing tonight. The game had the right score and the time said 8:30RD. Later I looked and it said the time was 12:25H. I think what’s happening is that the Quarter is following the time but it is showing only the end of “3RD” or “4TH” and because of the number is getting hidden for space reasons. Can the quarter be reported without the “ST” “ND” “RD” or “TH” to avoid this issue?

Any chance you can give me some image examples so I can see? I’m guessing that yes it is getting cut off because I have seen that on the MLB too occasionally under the right conditions. There’s also only so much space on the tidbyt, so it is also bound to happen occasionally.

I think I have those set in there to help with equal consistent spacing of the columns, but I may be able to find a simple solution to fix if desired. So depending on other data that is being displayed dropping that may only help so much.

I’ll see what I can do though.

Nevermind on the image I just ran it and see that. I’ll see what I can do.

@Tidbytter added a toggle to the app to allow you to hide the ordinal endings. Hopefully that should at least help.

If only the tidbyt was 72x36, I think everything would fit with a pixel to spare :sweat_smile:

It works great! Sorry took me a while to reply!

One request whenever the next edit is done, could you change the name in the schema to:
name = “Hide ordinal endings to game status?”,

so the toggle doesn’t go off the side of the screen?

No rush though - I can just barely get it to toggle.

Hmmmm would of thought it would have word wrapped. I’ll go ahead and submit a quick fix for that and look into it further.

Edit: just edited the text a little, it should fit based on the other long endings of other schema. If it doesn’t let me know and I’ll try again.

Are you able to walk me through how to use the 12 hour format on the college football and basketball apps?

Should just need to toggle time format to switch between 24/12 hour time.

For the basketball ones I just found a bug that I’m about to submit a PR in to fix.

How do I do that? (sorry–still kind of new to this)

You need to add the app to your Tidbyt on your phone and when you do that there are a lot of different setting to choose from. The league for each sport likely won’t show up since I found a bug in the app that I just submitted a PR for tonight, so that should hopefully be merged tomorrow.

Either way, to know where to start, do you already have the app added to your Tidbyt?

Yes, I have both the college football and basketball apps on my Tidbyt. The NCAAF Scores app by LunchBox8484 seems to show the correct time but the official College Football app by Tidbyt shows military time.

Oooh are you talking about the official tidbyt app for the basketball time? That’s not available I don’t think. You’d have to ask tidbyt to add that feature into their sports apps.

No, I’m talking about the football app showing military time for game day. Like when Notre Dame plays at 6pm it would show 18:00. Sorry if I’m confusing you.

Is the app NCAAF scores or Sports scores where you can choose which sport and league? Want to make sure we’re talking about the same app.

If you’re talking about the app named Sports scores app that just lists the games. Time format will switch between 24/12 hour time.

It’s the College Football app by Tidbyt.

That was what I thought you were referring to. There’s currently not a user setting to switch the time format for that. You would need to have a feature request for that. Would not be hard for them to add, but it’s not currently a user option in that app by Tidbyt.

Ok. Someone from Tidbyt told me there was a workaround and to check on here so that’s what I did :slight_smile: .

I’m not sure what work around is being referred to or if everyone is talking about different things. Unless it’s use a different app that maybe has that option?

I do understand you want the college app to say 6 and not 18:00 though. But can’t help you as the only two configs are game day only and choose a team for that app.