Sports Scores app request

It finally merged today and I LOVE the changes. It makes the information so much quicker for me to process, and I am really grateful for what you did and how willing and able you were to do it so quickly.

Thank you so much for all you add to this community.

I saw it got merged today! Glad it got activated on the app too!

Glad the grey works for you too!

Quick question on this app … see that MLS/NWSL/WNBA have been added. Any chance of short-term adds of the EPL and college football/basketball? EPL kicking off this weekend and college football three weeks away. Thanks!

I know another person is working on doing some college scores for football and possibly basketball, the concern I have with that at the moment is all of the possible games you’d never be able to scroll through them.

I also may be switching data source for a few sports, so it could be a little bit before I get to it.

I’ll definitely take a look into the soccer stuff though and eventually may be able to get the college stuff in there.

1 Like

Thanks pineapple - much appreciated. With the college scores … perhaps individual scrolls for each conference and/or the Top 25? Would limit things to at max 16 scores per scroll.

So after trying to source data from another source, realized I’d just leave it for now.

I actually already have EPL and NCAAF pulled and NCAAM should be pretty easy. There will be no guarantee that names won’t be cutoff as for space saving I have only grabbed the first three letters of each team, which honestly should be sufficient.

I have the data technically pulled, but we’ll see how everything looks when the season starts, I think I’m going to leave it with the top 25 for now to check for any kinks. I’ll probably submit a PR today, but I make no promises on there being no bugs and what not.

1 Like

Excellent and thank you! On the NCAAF I assume the process for individual conferences would then be similar to the Top 25? Maybe? Of course … it’s easy for me to say because I have no idea what I’m doing here. Anyway … thanks.

I’m just grabbing the default data provided. I may be able to add conferences in, but it would get messy with later post season stuff as I think the site I’m using automatically adjusts for stuff like that. Plus there’s just going to be a lot of data.

This should at least be somewhat useful.

1 Like

More than somewhat useful and much appreciated.

PR submitted here

1 Like

Hi Pineapple … quick question as I’m unfamiliar with this process. How long would it normally take for your app enhancements to get approved and implemented? Thanks!

It depends. Once it is merged it shouldn’t be more than day if that, sometimes it is almost instant.

You can run it locally too if you’d like in the meantime with the code from the PR.

1 Like

Awesome and thanks. Look forward to it.

Hi Pineapple … any update on when your edited product may be available? Guessing that it’s likely out of your hands in a review process. I don’t have any experience in running these locally from a PR … may ask for some help with this from someone if approval process takes awhile. Thanks!

I had to fix something in the schema to not break existing installations and downloads for users. I think I have fixed the concern, so hopefully it will get merged this week.

As for running it locally, you’ll need to have pixlet downloaded (there’s tons of stuff on how-tos to do that and stuff on the pixlet repo and on here) to do so and then you’ll need the .star file (in this case this app’s .star file) and then you’ll have to run a cron job to have it refresh locally (you’ll have to set configs via the command line, but it will work). That’s the short and quick summary of how to run everything locally.

But I would expect it to be merged in the next week or so barring anything else I need to fix.

1 Like

Awesome and thanks for the update.

I love this app and it is getting better and better. I love that I can choose different sports, I love that they turn color when different teams win, I love that it updates so quickly, I love that the information is all there for me in a legible format, I love that you can make it skip lines between games, I love that you can make the scores only show up at game time, I love that you can change speeds.

I have one request. Can there be a toggle for 12 hour times instead of 24 hour times? I find it slows me down when I try to take the times and convert them in my head. It is normally obvious if the time is AM or PM anyway (or the timezone letters could be replaced with AM or PM if you like that better.)

I have so many of your apps installed and was happy to see them on the top popular list recently. It is obvious why.

1 Like

I could probably add a toggle for that. Although the reason it’s not in there is because it would likely screw up the alignment of each row/column.

I’ll see what I can do though. I think I’d omit the AM/PM and leave the timezone because as you said, it should be obvious to a user and I don’t necessarily want to add another configuration in there if I don’t need to though. Plus there is the case where you have it set to not the local timezone and not 24hour.

Was able to get it fixed really quickly with a new toggle option, does not show AM/PM, but you can refer to the same PR link from one of my comments a few weeks ago with the PR. So hopefully should be merged this week.

1 Like

Hi pineapple … apologies here for what is probably a Captain Obvious question … but I assume that when the update is released the additional leagues (NCAAF, NCAAB, EPL, etc…) will appear as additional options under the “Sport”? Thanks.