Share Pixlet Apps

These are all great! Fun to see what people are working on. I built a Word of the Day app as well. It was cool to see the different approaches @mackorone. Thanks for sharing yours. Here is my take on it. https://github.com/posburn/tidbyt_WordOfTheDay

wordOfTheDay

2 Likes

Looks like the text is too long for the twice-the-marquee-size limit that I wish were relaxed. :slight_smile:

Does pixlet not work for windows?

Check out this thread: Is Pixlet only available on MacOS and Linux? - #12 by AmillionAir

Not in this case. It was my mistake. I had the height set wrong and didn’t re-record the gif :slight_smile: But not having the size limit and delaying before the marquee starts scrolling would be great additions to the Marquee widget.

By the way, since your Marquee is 32 high but has less space to draw, the text visually jumps at the end of the animation cycle right when it loops back to the beginning.

I’d like to share my quote of the day app (which uses theysaidso.com’s RESTful API), but the quotes are frequently taller than twice the screen, so they keep getting cut off. In any case, this is how it looks with an altered version of pixlet that allows for taller marquees:

output

5 Likes

Edit to update with the game icon.

I’ve just written a Steam Pixlet App:

NotPlayingExample

NowPlayingExample

When you’re not actively in a game, it will display a list of what you’ve played over the last two weeks. When you’re playing a game, it’ll display “Now Playing: …”.

Your steam name is displayed next to the steam logo. The game icon is displayed for the current game your playing. The Steam web API is… old.

One more update of it in action:

Code is available in my GitHub.

7 Likes

I created an App that displays the next five departures from a railway station in Switzerland. It shows also delays of the trains.
sbb

4 Likes

I finally set up a github repo for the apps I created. It includes the one I shared before as an image. You can find it at https://github.com/henryso/henryso-tidbyt-apps.

4 Likes

@inxi

Thanks for this man! I’m learning how to code and my first project is a date and clock! Your example will be a helpful reference.

I’ve pushed this one (Nyan cat) to my Tidbyt a few times for fun. I would love to see this one in rotation on my Tidbyt so much joy.

Push it with an installation ID and it will be added to your rotation.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve missed that was what the installation id did!

You can also upload it as a GIF via the photos app.
nyan_cat

2 Likes

I went through all of the steps and my .webp file seems to be double the limit that the Tidbyt allows. Any idea how to fix this?

Hey everyone, just a quick FYI, it’s now possible to publish apps for other people to use: Introducing: Community Apps.

Feel free to keep sharing here (obviously), but consider adding your creations to the tidbyt/community repo so everyone can install them!

4 Likes

Chuck Norris “fact” app that uses https://api.chucknorris.io/:
chucknorris

2 Likes

This is great! @rohan can we get this loaded into the Tidbyt app?

Hi Jason, I love this app and I have tried to load this in the Tidbyt app but it’s not working for me. There a couple of others who have said the same. Are you able to assist?