NFL / MLB / NHL / NBA / MLS / NCAAF Scores Apps

cmarkham20 … you are awesome!

1 Like

How long is the approval process

College Basketball scores app is now live!

3 Likes

It looks awesome!! Is there a way to pick our favorite college and have that game shown first if they play?

cmarkham … you remain a rock star! To the Tidbyt team if you are reading this … I literally bought a second device based solely on cmarkham’s sports/score apps. Just want to make sure proper due is given!

1 Like

Is it the one titled “Sports Scores”?

You still need to search for it as of this morning. Search for “NCAA” and the NCAA Men’s Basketball Score app will come up.

1 Like

First off. Amazing work!! Would not have bought this without your work. Yesterday when I started the college basketball I could pick all division 1 and it would scroll through all the scores. Now it just says 3/14 TBD . Any fix for this?

Thanks for the feedback! The feed uses ESPN’s API, so basically what you see on their website is what the Tidbyt app will show. That being said, if you go to their Division 1 page (Men's College Basketball Scoreboard - Division I | ESPN), you see the same thing. Unfortunately the Tidbyt app won’t display anything until they change it on their end.

1 Like

Thank you. When I follow that link it shows the games under Division 1 on ESPN

Then they must have just updated it! Check your Tidbyt app. :smile:

Yes sir!! Thanks again for all your work. Things is fantastic in my man cave!!

1 Like

Hey cmarkham … I had raised the same Div 1 scores issue in a separate thread but to your point … back to normal today. Thanks as always!

Hey just all the scores set up and it looks great! I just noticed that for some of the NHL scores it’s cutting off OT/shoot out loses

1 Like

@cmarkham20 The NCAA basketball scores app is great - any chance we could get one that focuses on one team? This seems to exist for all other sports apps.

1 Like

Hey man, I definitely appreciate your work on the college basketball scores app. Nothing I have the aptitude to do and I’m grateful.

That said, I’m frustrated right now with the functionality. I’ve got the app installed 6 times just like you recommended above and the scores are the same speed they are with one. They’re scrolling by so fast I can’t even read them.

Anything you can do here or recommend? The app isn’t really usable for me in its current form.

Thank you!

NCAA basketball standings app coming soon!

1 Like

Once you have it installed 6 times, are you setting the “Total Instances of App” option to 6 for each app, and the “App Instance Number” to be different for each app (First through Sixth)?

Yes, I did do that.

What I gather is that the way the app works is that it sets some sort of amount of time that it has to display all the content on a certain ESPN scores page? So I’m imagining Saturdays in college basketball when there are hundreds of games happening is probably the fastest speed it will even run at?

Perhaps if this is the case, it will be slower and a bit more usable on days with a lighter game load, or if I set it to a certain conference?

Maybe a workaround would be to just install the app once for every conference, and then I would get the slow pace of display as it went through each conference, one by one, effectively mirroring the functionality I want with “all games”?

So the Tidbyt automatically cycles between apps every 15 seconds, so the point of the instances is to split all the games between the different instances you have installed. For simplicity sake, if there are 32 games on a day and you have the app installed 16 times, it should display 2 per app instance, so 7.5 sec per game. If you only have it installed 6 times, for 32 games it would show 5-6 games per instance, and therefore only about 3ish sec per game.

So yeah if there are days where there are a ton of games being played, it could cycle past each game pretty quickly even if you have 16 instances.

You could certainly install different apps for each conference to make them cycle slower, but unfortunately it’s just a limitation at the moment.