Google Calendar Sync Issues

Done. And I’ll also go get rid of the silly restriction :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @rohan and team, thanks for being so prompt and proactive about addressing this.

I found my way to this thread because I too am having the same issue; were you able to make any headway and/or know more about the possible culprits? My calendars are hosted by a premium email provider and I’ve setup sharing permissions to allow Google to subscribe to those 6+ calendars. I’ve also connected to the Tidbyt and installed the Google Calendar app but that’s where my luck runs out with the same clock icon.

You mentioned calendar names: fwiw, each of my calendars has an emoji in the title/resultant URL for subscribing. Maybe that’s the problem?

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi there,
I have the same problem and found following:
All events originally set up in a different calender than Google (e.g. Outlook) and then synced with Google will not be transferred to Tidbyt.
All events set up directly in Google will be transferred to Tidbyt.
Would be great having everything transferred to Tidbyt (or direct transfer from Outlook etc.).

2 Likes

Hi.

Just received my Tidbyt earlier this week (loving it, btw) but my calendars are also not syncing as has been described (I already have them being synced to Google from Outlook). They’re visible in the Google Calendar app on my laptop and phone but only events created in Google Calendar seem to be visible on the Tidbyt.

Thanks, PAUL

1 Like

Hey all, still working on this. There are a lot of edge cases with various calendars.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. No events are showing up - always ‘No More Meetings’. What should I do?

1 Like

I too am having this issue.

1 Like

The ‘issue’ seems to be that it only knows about ‘My Calendar’ in Google calendars, and then only the main calendar associated with the email. I’ve tested Tasks and Reminders (also listed under ‘My Calendar’) but they don’t register with the Tidbyt app either.

You can export your outlook calendar as a CSV and import it directly to your google calendar. That adds all the events directly to ‘your’ calendar in Google, and that pops up on the tidbyt like it’s supposed to.

The trouble is that it’s static. It’ll only do reoccurrences up to a certain date range because it’s a csv and if any meetings change during the day, you’d have to do another manual export/import.

So that’s what’s going on: Tidbyt seems to only be subscribed to the main google calendar, rather than being able to see all calendars that the google account is subscribed to. I don’t know enough about how google calendars work, but I’m not sure that’s something we’ll be able to fix on the tidbyt app side, since I anticipate the Tidbyt app is basically just subscribing to the google calendar the same way we’re subscribing to the outlook calendar.

I anticipate the best thing will be either to have an outlook specific app, OR an app that processes a published calendar URL like google or outlook use to subscribe to each other. But again, I don’t know enough about the backend mechanisms to know how easy (or hard) this is to do.

1 Like

Did we ever come through with a solution to integrate subscribed calendars?

2 Likes

Yeah this really needs fixed or an outlook tidbyt app needs made asap.

1 Like

I’m having problems too - the calendar app is showing “no new meetings”. My tasks are all created within Google Calendar, but judging from the discussion above, I guess it’s because I have all my tasks in different calendar sets for work, leisure, tasks, birthdays etc., and not using “My” Calendar at all. This really needs to be addressed, surely this is a common way of using your Google Calendar. Any progress on this?

1 Like

Hi, I’ve split my events among different calendars and I got this for this specifically. I’m feeling disappointed that other users are experiencing the same issue over the past year and not much has been done to address this. Please fix this.

Bummer! I have a calendar in Google Calendar that is not “My Calendar” to track my work meetings. My company won’t let Tidbyt sync to Outlook. I really hope there is a way to make multiple calendars sync on Tidbyt soon!

Would it be possible to allow the google calendar app to show the next meeting - not just the remaining meetings that day? I want to sync a calendar that has my team’s next match on it, but it only works from the morning of the game (and sometimes they play at 7am local) - if this could be updated that would be a huge help!

Thanks!

Yeah, I am having the issue as well that you can only see what is on My Calendar and no other calendars. Since you can add multiple instances of Google Calendar to your apps for Tidbyt, maybe it can be made to have each instance select a specific calendar from the account that you want displayed if the option to just use all calendars is not feasible.

• Merg
1 Like

Hi it’s been over a year since a Tidbyt representative has publicly commented on this issue. And it’s disappointing to keep seeing emails advertising functionality when there’s been inadequate support to proved sufficient functionality.

I have to separate calendars so that I can read my calendar efficiently. It’s not right that such a feature is advertised but doesn’t work properly. Please address this.

1 Like

I’m having the same issues- I manually transferred all my events this week from my Apple Calendar (my go-to) into my Google Calendar so I could use the calendar app on my Tidbyt and still the only message I’m seeing is “No more meetings today. :)”. Is this something that is being worked on?

1 Like

Same issue here. One Google account with subscriptions to family member Google calendars and those subscribed calendars do not sync with the Tidbyte :frowning:

+1

any updates? it does seem like adding calendars in separate instances could be a temporary workaround.

I looked for this app in (community/apps at main · tidbyt/community · GitHub) but couldn’t find it. Does anyone know where the source code is?