Zapier Integration

I’m not sure I will be able to leverage any APIs, but I frequently use Zapier to shuttle information between apps. Would love to see this so I could buy more Tidbyts for the office to place KPIs around…

Hey Chris, I’ve started looking into this and it looks it should be fairly straightforward to build a Zapier integration to the Tidbyt API. I’ll give it a go and let you know when it’s ready.

3 Likes

I know it’s been a while but quick update on this. We’ve got a really basic Zapier integration working now! It lets you create Zaps that send a message to be displayed on your Tidbyt.

Before it’s publicly available, we need folks to test it out and try creating zaps. If you’re interested, please post here and I’ll send you a private link to the integration.

5 Likes

COOL! I am down to give it a try. Let me know what I need to do.

Great! You should’ve gotten an invite from Zapier via email just now.

The integration is currently really basic. You can:

• Change device brightness
  • Display a message
  • Display an existing 64x32 image
  • Stop displaying one of the above

I’m interested to hear if it works for you, and what else you’d like to do with it.

One thing I already have in mind is that it would be handy to display a graph somehow. And also to be able to format the displayed message better so you can have different colors, fonts, etc., per line.

2 Likes

I’m definitely down to help test the zapier integration! This opens so many other doors with zapiers giant library.

I could feed in complex information, anything in a google sheet can then get in there, which means excel like and live feeds you guys haven’t touched yet.

Zapier used to be cheaper with an easy 1000 tasks a month but I’ll see what I could do at 100 tasks a month.

Just had my device arrive today.

I would definitely love to try this!

1 Like

Is this still in the test period? If so, I’d love to try it.

Super interested in this for when I get a tidbyt. We use Zapier a ton at work so I’m sure I could setup some really cool things.

I have an enterprise plan with Zapier with work and would love to test the limits here!

Hi Rohan! I got Tidbyt for my partna’s birthday, and we’re having a blast setting it up. I’m a heavy Zapier user and would LOVE to test this integration.

Is this still something others can join?

1 Like

I also would love to try the integration….

1 Like

Hey folks,

It’s been quite a while but we’re reviving this thread and putting some time into Zapier. One issue that I ran into with the previous attempt at building a Zapier integration is that we never quite figured out what to do with it.

If anyone has a very specific use for Zapier + Tidbyt in mind, I’d love to hear it.

This is such a hard question to answer because of the custom nature of zapier. Remember that I will have a trigger with an output of text or lines of text that I would love to see on the Tidbyt.

Here are a couple of really useful things that I now get via SMS today that would be awesome on the Tidbyt

Trigger

1. New Form Result in Formsite

Action

2. Create Task in Capsule CRM (1.2.7)

3. Notify me on Tidbyt of New Task

Trigger

1. New Form Result in Formsite

Action

2. Find Contact in Capsule CRM (1.2.7)

Action

3. Add Note to Entity in Capsule CRM (1.2.7)

4. Send message to Tidbyt

Trigger

1. New Subscriber in Sendy

Action

2. Send Email in Gmail

3. Send message to Tidbyt

Rather than me have to check in on Capsule, a notification in my office to check is the type of useful data I would love to have.

1 Like

Hey folks! We’re excited to announce that we have a Zapier integration in public beta :tada:. To get started, check out our documentation on tidbyt.dev for a quick start guide. We’d love to hear any feedback you have, please let us know in the comments below.

Disclaimer: We are offering this a Beta feature right now, it’s available and free for anyone to use. Availability of this feature might change in the future as we learn more about how it performs and how it’s being used.

3 Likes

Hey Mark,

When I go to log in to my tidbyt on Zapier I get this error.

Hey @joshsorenson, just confirming, this error was happening when you tried to sign in with your Apple ID?

If so, it should be fixed now.

Yep, that worked!

Would love an option with no icon. It seems limited, forcing an icon and only providing 4 super-specific options. Also, the icon takes up a HUGE region of the screen.

4 Likes

Zapier events don’t seem to age out, nor have any timeout.
For example if you set up a notification using these instructions: https://tidbyt.dev/docs/integrate/zapier-quickstart

The notificaiton persists indefinitely, meaning it will continuously pop up in your rotation. Notifications shouldn’t be indefinite.

1 Like