Zapier Integration

When setting up Zapier on my tidbyt, as the icon i can only choose generic, slack, shopify and github under notification type. Are there plans to add more icons? Or the option to add icons ourselves?

1 Like

Hi @rohan

My specific use might be something not many others would have interest in. I run a fire/police/rescue social media for the county that I live it (called Frederick Scanner). I use my TidByt in my office to display the most recent fire call (see image). It does it via email to Zapier to TidByt and uses the subheading field to display the body of the email which contains the latest fire/rescue call.

My only ask (at the moment) would be to allow more space for the whole email body in the Subheading. Generally it uses around 150-165 characters (about 22-25 words) for each fire call.

I noticed that the Zapier app only stays on for 15 seconds while other apps seem to stay on longer such as the Messages app stays on for 20 seconds. So maybe its a time problem? Maybe my request should be that the Zapier app could stay on longer?

IMG_0974_AdobeExpress (1)

It doesn’t appear that you’re focusing on this Zapier integration much, and I do understand that it is just a part of a much larger picture for you. But as a developer, who also has kids, life, etc. to deal with, I have already used this Zapier set up to create a simple ski report for a resort (Purgatory) that isn’t covered yet in an actual tidbyt app. It was a good deal easier than learning a whole new language, which I still may do…however, this really bridges the gap between, “I can’t be bothered, it’s too much work to learn a new language” and “cool, my Tidbyt now does my little custom thing.”

Please consider adding some additional features, like the ability to remove the icon at a minimum. :slight_smile:

2 Likes