Weather app

Submitted the code review for supporting Celsius at Add schema option for displaying AccuWeather temperature forecast in Celsius by sudeepban · Pull Request #1982 · tidbyt/community · GitHub!

1 Like

Code review was approved, Celsius option should now be available.

1 Like

Thank you, works like a charm! I like the colour coding of the high/low temperature!
Quick question: the arrow symbol underneath what actually shows? Looks like showing if the temperature is going up or down compared with the previous day?

1 Like

Ah no, that actually shows the wind direction. Left to right mean blowing west to east, for example.

1 Like

Sudeepban, I got the free api as well your app not working for me, any idea what may be doing wrong, I did post seperately on this same issue, think titles accuweather worrking for anyone…if i recall last night i posted it.

Interesting, what happens in your AccuWeather app? You think you have a valid API key and location ID?

I just saw your post at AccuWeather Working for anyone. Are you able to share a screenshot of what you see? Puzzled by a cloud with a slash through it, not sure what’s going on there…

I used api key in web browser and did return data, so not sure why not working, Ill try removing and readding after power cyceing the tidbyt device.

2 Likes

What am I doing wrong?

http://dataservice.accuweather.com/locations/v1/search?q=05443&apikey=Hp2BwO27SaG7mIAYiTDOBPltWovH4pJB

For location key I am using: 336184

should I be using a different key or the one in the response via browser which is

Key 1987_PC
Type PostalCode

What are you seeing happen exactly? Your API key (Hp2BwO27SaG7mIAYiTDOBPltWovH4pJB) and location key (336184) both look good, based on the response I’m getting from https://dataservice.accuweather.com/forecasts/v1/daily/5day/336184?apikey=Hp2BwO27SaG7mIAYiTDOBPltWovH4pJB&details=true, which is what the app queries.

Thank you for following up - I am sorry I should have updated my post. What I found was that in my API key field I had the entire URL for Accuweather with the API key embedded. Once I removed the URL and only input the API key into the APP things worked great. Originally I was getting the cloud icon with a dash through it but now I see my local weather. Great APP Thank you!

1 Like

Ah, that’s great to hear! Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi - I am excited to use the AccuWeather app - but not sure the correct way to request an API Key. Is it filling out the “Add App” form as attached? I have already created an AccuWeather API account.

Yup that’s right, it’s a little quirky. See the attached screenshot for my ‘app’ details.

Thank you. Up and running!

1 Like

Got my AccuWeather app up and running - thank you Sudeepban!

Does anyone have any solutions for an app that displays an accurate current temperature? The stock Tidbyt weather apps are still inaccurate - frequently off by almost 10 degrees or more. Similarly, all the apps using OpenWeather are very inaccurate.

1 Like

I was playing around with modifying the AccuWeather Forecast app I made to make a current time and temp app, so that it could display an accurate AccuWeather temperature instead of the source the stock app uses. Here is a prototype image - what do you think?

1 Like

Sudeepban, you are a wizard!

1 Like

My Time & Temp app using AccuWeather current conditions is now submitted for code review!

Hi all,

Really appreciate the work that everyone has put in on this, especially @sudeepban. Unfortunately we have been asked by AccuWeather’s legal department to remove this app. After some back & forth we were unable to convince them otherwise.

You are of course welcome to run whatever code you want on your own devices and computers if you abide by AccuWeather’s terms, but we will be removing this app from our repo.

Sorry… wish I had better news.