Weather app

Submitted the code review for supporting Celsius at Add schema option for displaying AccuWeather temperature forecast in Celsius by sudeepban · Pull Request #1982 · tidbyt/community · GitHub!

1 Like

Code review was approved, Celsius option should now be available.

1 Like

Thank you, works like a charm! I like the colour coding of the high/low temperature!
Quick question: the arrow symbol underneath what actually shows? Looks like showing if the temperature is going up or down compared with the previous day?

1 Like

Ah no, that actually shows the wind direction. Left to right mean blowing west to east, for example.

1 Like

Sudeepban, I got the free api as well your app not working for me, any idea what may be doing wrong, I did post seperately on this same issue, think titles accuweather worrking for anyone…if i recall last night i posted it.

Interesting, what happens in your AccuWeather app? You think you have a valid API key and location ID?

I just saw your post at AccuWeather Working for anyone. Are you able to share a screenshot of what you see? Puzzled by a cloud with a slash through it, not sure what’s going on there…

I used api key in web browser and did return data, so not sure why not working, Ill try removing and readding after power cyceing the tidbyt device.

2 Likes

What am I doing wrong?

http://dataservice.accuweather.com/locations/v1/search?q=05443&apikey=Hp2BwO27SaG7mIAYiTDOBPltWovH4pJB

For location key I am using: 336184

should I be using a different key or the one in the response via browser which is

Key 1987_PC
Type PostalCode

What are you seeing happen exactly? Your API key (Hp2BwO27SaG7mIAYiTDOBPltWovH4pJB) and location key (336184) both look good, based on the response I’m getting from https://dataservice.accuweather.com/forecasts/v1/daily/5day/336184?apikey=Hp2BwO27SaG7mIAYiTDOBPltWovH4pJB&details=true, which is what the app queries.

Thank you for following up - I am sorry I should have updated my post. What I found was that in my API key field I had the entire URL for Accuweather with the API key embedded. Once I removed the URL and only input the API key into the APP things worked great. Originally I was getting the cloud icon with a dash through it but now I see my local weather. Great APP Thank you!

1 Like

Ah, that’s great to hear! Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi - I am excited to use the AccuWeather app - but not sure the correct way to request an API Key. Is it filling out the “Add App” form as attached? I have already created an AccuWeather API account.

Yup that’s right, it’s a little quirky. See the attached screenshot for my ‘app’ details.

Thank you. Up and running!

1 Like

Got my AccuWeather app up and running - thank you Sudeepban!

Does anyone have any solutions for an app that displays an accurate current temperature? The stock Tidbyt weather apps are still inaccurate - frequently off by almost 10 degrees or more. Similarly, all the apps using OpenWeather are very inaccurate.

1 Like

I was playing around with modifying the AccuWeather Forecast app I made to make a current time and temp app, so that it could display an accurate AccuWeather temperature instead of the source the stock app uses. Here is a prototype image - what do you think?

1 Like

Sudeepban, you are a wizard!

1 Like

My Time & Temp app using AccuWeather current conditions is now submitted for code review!