Stock app

Having an issue once again with the stock ticker updating with the current price. I’ve tried restarting, uninstalling and then setting up again…none of which corrects the problem. It used to update the current price rather quickly, now I’m lucky if it updates the price once every 5 minutes.

Update- same thing is happening again today (June 4th). It might be updating the stock price once every 7! minutes or so…before it was updating once or twice a minute. The feature’s kind of useless if it’s only updating every 7 minutes…

2 Likes

Does anyone from Tidbyt actually pay attention to the support questions anymore? :angry:

2 Likes

It’s been a week now, and still no improvement. I tried all the different resets, no difference. The stock prices are only updating once every 8 minutes, there’s no way that that is acceptable.
Obviously there’s a problem with Tidbyt’s own Stock app, and you would think that they would make sure that their own apps are working properly…but apparently in this case no. If they’re not even going to pay attention to their first generation units anymore, what’s the incentive for me to even think of buying the second generation?

1 Like

I’m looking for help here, too. I can’t tell when these stock prices were actually true, but they’re clearly not current. Hopefully this reply helps get some support.

1 Like

@aaronchu - You might want to follow this thread on the same topic, since it got a reply. When they do get a fix, that is where they would likely provide the update.

My stock app isn’t working at all. When I tried to delete it and re-add, it wouldn’t let me choose a stock and thus the app isn’t added.

I got an email today that the Stock app is being discontinued. What a blow.

Hey there,

You’re receiving this message because you had the Stocks app installed on your Tidbyt. This has been a popular app that shows stock tickers. Sadly, we need to disable this app for now :cry:

The app uses a data feed provided by a third party who is suspending their service. We’re investigating how to acquire the data from other providers.

While there’s no direct replacement for it, there are a few other Tidbyt apps that show stock tickers or indexes. You can search for and add these using the Tidbyt app on your phone.

We’ll also keep you updated as we look into options for bringing back our main Stocks app.

I don’t think they will discontinue it forever, they just need to search for a new reliable data provider.
The official apps usually get their data from paid sources, it’s not just some random free API you can find on the web.

Other than that, it’s a small team and I think they’re focused on the shipping of the Gen 2 units.

1 Like

I sure hope so. Otherwise I own a new paperweight.

1 Like

My Tidbyt hasn’t been plugged in for a couple of weeks. I got the email about the stock app being suspended. I plugged in the Tidbyt today and I am getting current stock prices for the stocks I follow. Did they turn the app back on or am I just lucky? Maybe they will disappear?

Okay the stock finally went down for me. Happened when the market started dropping. Guess the app wanted to save me from some pain.

Please fix the stock app asap!!!

1 Like

They should focus on making the devices useful, and without an Stocks solution, the Tidbyt is much less useful.