Setup fails after "CONNECTING..." when trying to link Tidbyt to Wifi

Hi! I am trying to setup my Tidbyt for the first time. I am using the Tidbyt app on iOS to connect to the Tidbyt. I am able to login with my Apple ID to get to the Setup screen. I can connect to the Tidbyt via Bluetooth. Then, when I enter my Wifi password in the Wifi setup screen. The Tidbyt then says “CONNECTING…” but after about 30-45 seconds, the Tidbyt goes back to the Bluetooth connection screen, and the app still says “Connecting to Wi-Fi network”. My wi-fi network is WPA2 and does have a password, so not sure what is happening there. Any ideas? Thanks!

I actually figured this out but thought it might be helpful for some folks - it looks like my Tidbyt would only connect to a 2.4 Ghz network, so I moved far enough away from my dual band router to force Tidbyt to only see the 2.4 Ghz network to set it up. It was able to setup successfully, and I am now able to use it on my network.

@dantheman Glad you got figured out, and thanks for the detailed info! I’ll keep this in mind if we hear from other folks with issues on a dual-band network.

In theory, Tidbyt should not see or try to connect to a 5 GHz network at all since it doesn’t have any 5 GHz antennas or circuitry. But we’ll take a closer look.