NHL Live App

Can the developer please fix the NHL Live App? I have the NY Rangers as the team and it shows that their next game is 10/14 vs WPG when in reality it is tonight vs Tampa Bay.

Sorry about that. I found a couple bugs this past week during preseason that weren’t obvious when this was released during the playoffs earlier this year. I did submit a PR on Saturday that I think should take care of them - just waiting on it to be reviewed/merged. You might be able to do a workaround by setting it to the TB game tonight.

edit: it should also fix a bug where the game update line get stuck on “next game …” for the first hour".

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the quick response!

Just updating that the PR was merged/deployed today. So far, things look better.

1 Like

The merge seems to be working perfectly for me.

Would you be willing to consider adding a “Game Day Only” toggle? I love to keep my rotation restricted to displays relevant for a particular day, and would love to see my various hockey teams appearing only on days they actually play? If it isn’t too much work to add, at least.

1 Like

I think “Game Day Only” may be only available for Tidbyt created apps. But I’ll look into it some more and will add it if possible.

edit: I found an app that does it - I’ll look to add it this weekend and try get it out by next week’s merge.

1 Like

Please note this message. I think the NHL changed its API recently.

looks like they changed the URL to

https://api-web.nhle.com/v1/

more here:

I’m working on updating NHL Live. At least to get the majority of it put back in. Bit of a slow start as I’ve been traveling for work and it’s a fairly big API change. Hope to make good progress this next week (working on it right now actually).

1 Like

SO NICE having this app back! Thanks for the hard work!

Welcome! It just got merged yesterday. I have a couple more things to do for it, but wanted to get this this much out.

I’ve noticed team names being a color other than white in some instances; what do the colors mean?

Hiya, it refers to the current game situation that the API says is occurring.

white = even strength
blue = power play
red = empty net
purple = empty net + power play

1 Like

Having an issue where it does show correct games at their respective times; it no longer displays live data (score, time, etc) and it is stuck on the slide where it shows the two teams and the scheduled date/ time.