Mlb/ sports

Sports updates such as current baseball/hockey etc scores

This is currently in progress. We’re aiming to have NBA and MLB be our first sports apps.

13 Likes

This is what I would use it for most!! NHL, NFL, College Football added would be great. Would the app flash through scores?

5 Likes

The NBA prototype we’ve been working on shows scores from a team’s last game, time of the next scheduled game, and live scores while a game is in progress. How this will look and work when we release it depends a bit on what our API providers can and can’t do, but so far it looks pretty promising.

3 Likes

That sweet, just reserved mine!

1 Like

Will the sports apps have the functionality to roll though the days scores!!

Mike

1 Like

Live scores of English Premier League games would be awesome ! My LaMetric does it (kinda) so happy to help (my help I mean fumble around and perhaps accidentally get something working)

2 Likes

Plus 1 for Soccer scores

2 Likes

It would be great to have the option to integrate betting odds

1 Like

NBA and college basketball will be great

4 Likes

Echo NBA and College BBall

3 Likes

UK Football (Soccer to you) - Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2 - All of them please. There are even lower leagues.

1 Like

NBA scores would be fantastic, maybe some integration with betting line odds as well?

I was wondering if there is any update on apps for other sports. I just see the NFL right now.

Hey folks!

Just wanted to provide an update on this thread. As you all have noticed, we soft launched the American Football app currently covering the NFL - we’d love to know what you think! In addition, we have prototype apps for Basketball and Baseball covering the NBA and MLB respectively.

There are a few things we need to square before plowing through more sports apps. One is that our API provider charges per league we support, so we need to make sure it’s sustainable with our current business model to pay for more sports data before we launch it on our platform. Would love to know your thoughts here - would you consider a premium subscription if it meant we could provide even more leagues?

The other issue we’re finding is how tedious it is to make sure all of the team colors and logos are perfect on the display. For the NFL, there are only 32 teams in the league, which was painful but manageable. For college sports, there are hundreds of colleges and universities to sift through. Would love to get some feedback here. Should we spend the time to make it perfect or offer a less glamorous presentation for college sports? For example, if we removed the logos and colors, we could more quickly add college sports, but it wouldn’t look as nice as the Football app does today.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

2 Likes

If it wasn’t a crazy amount i would definitely want it even if it was a premium service.

Mike

1 Like

I think NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB and a less glamorous package for NCAA would be good/

Mike

3 Likes

The “big 4” for sure. NHL is my main desire.

4 Likes

I am Ok if college basketball wasn’t included. College football would be OK.

Mike

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure how your setup works, but if the NCAA logos issue is as simple as just creating a ton of images, I’d be more than happy to help and I bet lots of others would if given the opportunity. Could be as simple as “here’s a photoshop template, here’s a list of what we have and don’t have, and a Google drive folder to submit to,” and then have a couple of people check work to make sure it’s high enough quality. I was part of a similar project a number of years ago to create little “flair” icons for the NASCAR subreddit and it was a huge success.

Maybe you could even have it default to the simple design if there’s no logo available for that specific school.

Also, I’d definitely be willing to pay a subscription fee to offset the costs for apps that use paid APIs.

1 Like