Following up from one of our previous posts where we talked a bit about being able to prioritize apps, we have been exploring some different ways of doing this. Our first feature that is now available on both iOS and Android adds the ability to pin and mute apps that you have installed on your Tidbyt, without having to remove them completely.
Say that you want to only see Spotify or the football game for the rest of the evening, you can then pin the app to be the only one that is being displayed. You can also pin multiple apps that you want to prioritize. Similarly, you can also hide apps from your rotation by muting them and unmuting them when you want them to show again.
How to use:
- Make sure that you are running the latest version (1.219.17) of the Tidbyt app on your phone
- Long press any of your installed app icons to bring up a new menu.
- Select pin or mute.
- If you choose to mute, the application will get dimmed and not shown in the app rotation
- If you pin the app, it will get moved to the top in the app list.
- While long pressing, you can also move the app to switch the order of the apps
More to come
We are continuing to look into some common requests like how to manage apps that need longer time to display information and how we best handle that. Unrelated to that, we are also rolling out some new exciting features in the next coming days, stay tuned!