USGS Earthquakes - Chris Silverberg: Event Time Filters

I’m in Southern California and using the USGS Earthquakes app. First of all, thank you for developing this, its really helpful!

Enhancement Request:
Would it be possible to add a filter by day/hours? Being able to limit the events to only the last few hours or days would be really helpful. The app would therefore not show at all if there were no events within the lookback period. For reference the “Map of Global Earthquakes” app does use those kinds of filters.

Thank you!

I agree, needs a day/hour recent event filter. No need to see about quakes 2 weeks ago.

There’s another app that you might want to check out, called Earthquake Map - by Brian McLaughlin - that lets you filter by duration and magnitude (although it doesn’t list the details of individual events).

@csilv is the developer of the USGS app, tagging him here so he can take a look. :wink:

@sitnik thanks for the suggestions, sounds like a great addition. i’ll see what I can come up with. (won’t be able to jump on this immediately as i’m slammed at work.)

1 Like

I submitted a PR today and it looks like it was approved. You should see an update in the next few days or week.

It was merged and available as USGS Earthquakes+