Timezone returning default?

I just had my Rachio app merged but it is giving me New York time (I am in Mountain Time). The TZ code is very simple:

I am having issues debugging this on my laptop because I am not sure TZ has any context outside of the device.

Question - do I need to make TZ a setting the user needs to enter? I didn’t think so since the clocks are working right and my tidbyt location is mountain time.

Am I missing something?

Your code is correct, $tz should return the timezone configured for the device.

That config.get call will always return the default value when running locally, however… you can pass parameters when running pixlet render like this:

pixlet render rachio.star '$tz'='America/Chicago'

You can add some print statements to the code and run it like this to debug.

Thank you. Oddly it seems to be working now when locally rendered. I did notice that some other clock-like apps have a location specification in the config, which I assume that I do NOT need since I just want the default for the device.

For better or worse the app will be like this until May because it’s starting to get to be winter here and the sprinklers go off tomorrow until Spring. I will need a tester in Florida or something until then!

Edit: Retested again and confirmed my TidByt is showing UTC (I am -6 hours). Is it possible my Tidbyt is just misconfigured?