Tidbyt views - a user friendly way to change what is displayed

I searched and didn’t find this suggestion so sorry if it’s a duplicate.

Problem it solves: Depending on the day, certain information displayed on the Tidbyt is more useful than others. Customize the Tidbyt display by using views to program a schedule for what is displayed without having to uninstall/reinstall apps all the time.

I think it would be awesome if it were possible to have multiple “views” for a single device.

I’m going to use the word view but I don’t know if this is the best way to describe what I’m thinking so hopefully I can articulate what this would be.

Here’s what I’m thinking:

You have a default Tidbyt view for your device. Let’s call the default view “Work” and let’s call the Tidbyt device, “My Tidbyt.”

In the app you set up your Work view (which is the default) and add all of the apps you want and set it up to control My Tidbyt, Mon-Fri between the hours of 9am to 5pm. If there are no additional views, this is what you will always see even outside of the defined hours.

In the app you set up a second view. Let’s call it “Non-work weekdays.” In the app you set up Non-work weekdays to control My Tidbyt and override the default view from 5pm to 9am on weekdays. You add all of the apps you want.

In the app you set up a third view. Let’s call it “Weekend.” In the app you set up Weekend to control My Tidbyt and override the other views from 5pm on Fridays to 9am on Mondays.

And so on. This would also let people customize their Tidbyt for birthdays, weddings, holidays, etc without having to alter their default view.

I like this idea. I think someone recently suggested something similar, but used the word “screens”. It might also work to call them groups or view groups or something. But it would be super helpful to have this option!

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.