Thoughts on a tidbyt discord community for faster and more organized way to share content and ask questions?
Sounds great to me, it’s been asked for a couple times now. Just have to figure out how to set it up (haven’t done so before).
- If necessary, sign up for Discord
- Log into Discord (browser or app, the experience is pretty much the same)
- Click on the green + icon (above the green compass) on the left icon sidebar
- Click “Create My Own”
- Answer the questions
- Click “Create” at the end of the answers
- Customize the Discord:
- You probably want to set up a role with greater privileges for folks in the Tidbyt organization
- You might want to have an announcement channel that only the folks with the above role can post messages in
- You may want to set up other topic based channels to separate support, etc. from general chatter
- Right click your server icon on the left, and choose “Invite People”
- Click on “Edit invite link”
- Set expiration and number of uses as you wish; for a public invite link, I suppose you’d create one with no expiration and no use limit
- Decide if you want the membership to be temporary until a role is assigned. The default is non-temporary, meaning the user will not be auto-kicked if they don’t have a role assigned after they join your server
- Share the link as you please.
You can learn as you go along and enhance it with stuff as you go along, depending on your taste and your corporate messaging.
+1 for this idea. I can help you, if you need somebody.
I’d join a Tidbyt Discord so fast!
Yes please! Would love to join a tidbyt discord
Created this one: https://discord.gg/DzvpY76H
Can transfer ownership over to @rohan & team or delete it completely if you spin up an Official one.
Ownership has been transferred! Huge shoutout to @ToWn3r for setting this up.
Is there an invite for the reformed one?
Use the link on this post: Tidbyt Discord - #8 by mark