Tidbyt App that displays a fireplace

One idea I thought of was to have an app that would simply just be a fireplace (showing logs burning with flames etc.), thought it could be very homely and relaxing to have in the background.

I like this idea :slight_smile: Just as a very simple proof-of-concept, hereā€™s a thing: Dropbox - 2022-12-19 22.11.05.mov - Simplify your life

Iā€™d think that basically you could replicate this just using the ā€œphotoā€ app, and the right GIF fileā€¦ Therefore maybe a whole new ā€˜appletā€™ isnā€™t needed, but I still like the ideaā€¦ By the way, Iā€™ve included the GIF I used to make this if you want to try it out.
fireplace

@RipFish Yep, that GIF is exactly the type of idea I was thinking about!

Of course, it might take a better (and more skilled) mind than myself to create a replica of the ā€œphotoā€ app or a new ā€˜appletā€™ as you put it. But Iā€™m glad you like it! :smile:

Oh, I just meant that you could add the simple (existing) Photo app to your Tidbyt, select this GIF, and then youā€™ve basically got your fireplace ā€œappletā€, no coding required :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ohhhhh I see. This is exactly shows why Iā€™m not a developer, I just come up with the ideas :wink:

Iā€™ve done exactly this a few weeks ago, works great, especially now that you can pin apps!

1 Like

am i missing something - the ios tidbyt app simply converts gifs to a still image. is there a workaround?
edit: solved my issue. as documented here: Native GIF Support! - #15 by mark - itā€™s a permissions issue.

What a great idea! I also like the GIF workaround, but an app would be better.

Edit: I tried the fireplace GIF above but the Photos app wonā€™t accept it. Probs a Tidbyt permissions issue but I didnā€™t see anything I could fit in Android settings for the app.

Hey folks! We found ourselves also wanting a Yule Log. Check out the newest app released for a native fire place:

7 Likes

YESSSS exactly the app I had in mind!!! Woooo so cool to see these ideas come to life :smile:

1 Like

Hi I really like the app, the graphic is beautiful. One quick note. Whenever I try to schedule a designated time, it doesnā€™t run at that time. Is anyone else having this issue?

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.