Text On Tidbyt

Can someone explain how much text can be displayed using Tidbyt? What limitations there are, best fonts, etc. Would love to have a quote of the day feature. Not really expecting much but I’m sure you can get creative.

Hey Victor!

Quote of the day definitely sounds like a nice applet a lot of people could enjoy, and it has been brought up earlier as a feature request.

Not sure if you’re comfortable writing some code or not, but if you are then our SDK (Pixlet) comes with a couple of fonts baked in and makes it pretty easy to experiment with stuff like this.

1 Like

To build on this

There is a few fonts available, and hope one day custom fonts can be implemented easily (perhaps a custom map)
In experimentation, I could fit 4 lines of text if using entire 32px height available.

Highly recommend checking out the wikis for the Pixlet application to see how they can be used

1 Like

On the Pixlet site it says:

Install on macOS
brew install tidbyt/tidbyt/pixlet

How do I install it? I copy and pasted “brew install tidbyt/tidbyt/pixlet” into the terminal. It tells me that command not found.

1 Like

You need to install Command Line Tools for Xcode first from the apple developer website. Then you need to install homebrew

1 Like