TeslaFI app help

I am trying out the TeslaFi app created by mrrobot245. I did obtain an API key for my Tesla, and entered it into the app’s API key field. I now see a clock on the TeslaFi app in my active apps list. Is there any indication the key was entered correctly?

Thanks

1 Like

I am not the dev, but I am using the app. There’s no validation. I am sure you know the answer by now, but in case others read this… I didn’t have a TeslaFi account until this app was released, and it took about 10 hours before I could see any data being populated on the TeslaFi side, at which point I could see the data on the Tidbyt too.

Thanks this is helpful, I did not know I needed a TeslaFi account. I was using the API key from tesla’s own website. let me sign up on TeslaFi.

Were you ever able to get this to work? I have the same issue. Got the API key from TeslaFi but still just have the clock and nothing shows on the device.

1 Like

Could the developer @mrrobot245 perhaps provide a way to use the API string here? I have tried using just the API key, the Authorization script, etc and it still just shows the clock… Would love to know if anyone has solved this…

1 Like

Same man, was really looking forward to using this one… the query in the code seems to work fine for me. Just wondering if TeslaFi made an api change and this didnt catch up?

1 Like

Anyone get this app to work? I had it working since September of last year but canceled the subscription… I resigned up last week and used the api key from Teslafi but get a cloud with a line through it on the app and nothing in the device…

Same… I mucked around with the API call and it looks like it changed – I was able to get the URL working but and tried to play around with pixlet and get it going but I am not a coder by any means. :slight_smile:

The original author doesn’t even seem to have an account here on the boards.

Oh ok, at least it’s not something I did. So you weren’t able to get anything to work on tidyt either, no matter what you tried? I can’t program either.

I tried the app today… put in my TeslaFi API key and crickets. Cloud icon with a strike through it. Anyone get this to work? would be so handy…

Thanks

@par @mark is there anything that the community can do for integrations that “go bad”?

I’m having the same problem. I tested using a pixlet serve on my laptop and it worked fine using the same API key. No idea how to debug it on the actual Tidbyt device tho

I tried to get the TidByt app working, but all I get is the cloud symbol with a line through it. Anyone else get something?

Hey there! I think it may be limited as the tidbyt server may get rate limted/blocked? I have it working as a local pushed application and it works, but I got the angry cloud on the tidbyt one I pushed