TempestWX issues?

Literally just unpacked my Tidbyt and am super happy and excited! I immediate added a local weather and stock tracker. I tried adding my tempest weather station but failed. I click Connect> and enter my userid/pswd, then I get asked by Tidbyt about the ability to read your smart weather data and I click allow but it just goes back to the previous screen (Connect>).

Am I missing something? Tia!

Hey @Jackson . Let me take a look. I think the Tempest API has changed a couple times and it sometimes causes issues when first adding a station. Checking now.

Just got around to looking at this, and I seem to be able to add stations with no issue. Is this still not working for you?

I just tried again - no luck. I don’t think the screen shots help but you can see the sequence. Basically, I click Tempest, the next screen comes up and I click allow, and I go back to the original screen. :frowning:

(Had to remove the images - apparently I’m only allowed one)

Got it. I’ll dig in deeper on Monday.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help. It’s my own station so hopefully I can get whatever info you might need. :grinning:

Not sure what happened but I tried this morning and it worked! :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::clap::clap::clap:

Glad to hear it. I haven’t been able to figure out any issue on our end. I’ll make sure we have better logging of errors to help troubleshoot if it happens again.

Fahrenheit ? Any progress getting that option functioning for Tempest WX?

A fix for that is going out now, should be live in the next few minutes.

1 Like

Thanks for the F * fix. Looking good. Really like the green/purple color scheme in this panel now :slight_smile:

Tempest app stoped working.Flashes up then blank with small clock symbol :frowning:
Help?

It’s working now. Did someone fix it?
Thanks !

Hey there. We didn’t do anything here explicitly to fix it. The Tempest API was slow/failing to respond to our requests, which is what caused the app to not render. It seems to be responding better now.

Yes, so far so good :slight_smile:

Thanks for the Tempest app! It’s working beautifully and was so happy to see this available.

One feature request… I have two Tempest stations and two app instances installed on my Tidbyt app. Is there a way to put something on the display that would allow me to discern between the two stations. E.g., space for a letter or symbol, add a colored boarder, etc.

Thanks again!