Tempest integration failure

Perhaps it’s coincidence but since the Android Tidbyt app update last week the Tempest integration seems to be “stuck”. I have completely reset my Tidbyt and my Tempest WX. Uninstall and reinstall relevant apps to no avail. Is this unique to me? Been seeing what’s in the attached screenshot perpetually.

1 Like

The same thing happened yesterday with the tempest app on my Tidbyt. I’m getting the same exact readings. I hope there’s a fix soon, the main reason I got the Tidbyt 3 weeks ago was to see the display for my new Tempest weather station.

1 Like

This has been going on for at least a week. Like you the primary reason I purchased a Tidbyt was to display the data from my Tempest weather station. Up until last week I was pretty happy with it, now I’m a little annoyed. If the app was compromised some way can’t the previous version be available? If someone could at least provide a status update on the app it would be helpful.

I wonder if they’re being rate limited by the Tempest API endpoint, as the number of Tidbyt users grows? It may not be an app-side problem.

Hey folks. We’re investigating now and trying to figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

Much obliged. I was in the process of reaching out to Tempest but I’ll hang tight!

Hey folks, we’ve just pushed out a fix that may solve this issue. Could you please remove the Tempest app from your Tidbyt and try adding it again?

1 Like

Removed / re-added, logged out and in, same issue. Should I try deleting the API key in Tempest before re-adding? :thinking: Thanks for digging in to this.

1 Like

Same here. I tried removing, re-adding and re-authenticating to Tempest and still had the same issue. I repeated that process along with removing and re-adding the Data Authorization / Tidbyt Integration, and still ended up with the same result. I’d also like to register my thanks for digging into this, Rohan & Co. Much appreciated!

Sure thing. Sounds like there’s another issue here. I’m seeing errors fetching stations from Tempest’s API for some users. I’ll continue investigating.

1 Like

Latest app update and all is good! Thank you Rohan and company. :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Awesome. We had a bug in the Tidbyt smartphone app that affected Tempest as well as a few other apps like the NYC Subway.

For anyone else having an issue, please upgrade to the latest Tidbyt app on iOS or Android. Thanks!

1 Like

Tempest app now working correctly on my end. Thank you very much

Working great for me too. Much appreciated, Rohan & Co!

It’s great to have it back - thanks! A meterologist here, and I really missed this app.