Stock Ticker Percentages Incorrect

I have the Stock Ticker configured to track SPY. Today SPY was down -15.90 to a price of 411.91, and on the Tidbyt it indicated it was down -4.00%. However, that is not the correct percentage based on that price and change. Doing the math, the percentage should indicate -3.72%. I confirmed with stock tracker websites.

Is there a reason why the percentage is different than the math and stock tracker websites?

1 Like

I created an account today to bring this issue up too. Hope the Tidbyt team can fix this one quickly. :crossed_fingers:

It appears the percentage is being rounded to the nearest whole percentage for all stock tickers rather than showing the percentage out to two decimals as it should.

This started at some point last week, I believe. It was correctly showing out to two decimals places prior to last week.

1 Like

Hey folks, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve rolled out a fix now. Please let me know if you still see incorrect values.

I see the fix!

That integer math can really bite you… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, unfortunately we had an autoformatter that replaced floating point division with integer division :frowning: