Spotify song not updating

On the spotify now playing feature i can only get it to display the first song i start playing but it just stays on that song the whole time. Have tried reconnecting slotify a couple times to no avail

3 Likes

I think this might be because Tidbyt only renders it once with whatever info is available there, and you would then have to push again to get the info refreshed?
I’m also trying to refresh my bus stop times but looks like I need a script to continuously push so the data gets pulled again :frowning: (as per this post Push Formats (star) · Issue #89 · tidbyt/pixlet · GitHub )

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this too. I got my Tidbyt recently and Spotify only ever shows the first song I play, so it becomes useless. I’ve been using the Sonos integration instead, but that one doesn’t show the album art.

3 Likes

Is there any updates coming from Tidbyt on this? It’s a key part of the marketing and I’d like the album art and song to update too

2 Likes

Pretty disappointing to still have no answer for one of the main features I purchased the tidbyt for

1 Like

Came here for a solution just to find out it’s been a problem for over half a year and there’s no solution. Was one of the reasons I thought it was cool and can’t use it

2 Likes

Same issue here- only displaying first song played in Spotify. Unfortunately the Spotify applet was the reason I purchased for the office. Hope there’s a solution.

2 Likes