Speaker Integration?

it would be awesome if there was a speaker for alarm functions, as well as things like text to speech ability for announcing weather or auditory notifications for upcoming calendar events or other notable occurrences.

1 Like

Hey @wfcampbell, welcome to the Tidbyt community!

So, this is a tough one. We’ve specifically left out speakers and a microphone because we want to be the device without speakers or mics — basically, making it physically impossible to distract you or listen in on you.

One thing I’m considering is adding a simple clicker or buzzer for a “notification” sound. It might make it in, it may not, still experimenting with it both in terms of technical execution and also if it makes sense for the product.

3 Likes

Just wanted to throw in my two cents that a version of this with a speaker and Bluetooth would be fantastic. (alarm clock/blue tooth speaker/visualizations, etc.) I was actually kind of shocked to find that it doesn’t have this functionality. Perhaps in a future version?

1 Like

I like and am excited to get by tidbyt, but I would love a future version that was also a blue tooth speaker.

Definitely will keep this in mind for version 2.0!

1 Like

You could do a “flash of color” on the display inplace of sound for notifications, perhaps?