Sonos improvements

Just got my Tidbyt and I love it! Setup was super easy, and I was happy to see the Sonos app already available. After a couple days using it I have some minor suggestions that might make it a little better.

1. The song title is in all CAPS. It would be better IMO if it respected the capitalization of the song title itself. With some of the odd music I listen to, case can actually be an important part of the name,

2. Add a track number, perhaps where the music note icon is now? I know it may not always be available, in which case maybe the music note displays.

3. When the app first cycles in, any lines longer than the display immediately begin scrolling. Maybe it should display statically for a second or two before scrolling to give a chance to read the beginning before it’s gone?

Overall, these are pretty minor, but could really improve the integration I think - thanks for considering them. And great work on the Tidbyt and the apps!

I largely agree with Steve’s suggestions above regarding potential improvements to the Sonos app, particularly numbers 1 and 3. Admittedly I haven’t used this app a lot yet (just got my Tidbyts yesterday, yay!), but one thing I have noticed is that songs will not always display on Tidbyt, depending on the source of the music. It seems to always display if I am playing something from Spotify (within Sonos), but doesn’t display if I play something from one of the Sonos channels, or from an internet radio station from the Sonos Tuned In app. I’m not sure why this is, but there is no way to tinker with settings to adjust for this nuance, so I’m assuming it is a bug that needs to get worked out (?).

Overall I love the Tidbyt, and understand that they apps are still in their infancy. Looking forward to gradual improvements. Congratulations on getting these out the door just in time for the holidays!

1 Like

Just got mine today and I love the display! I listen to Apple Music mainly, but I also listen to an 80’s music station that I access through I Heart Radio within Sonos. The song title and artist is generated in the Sonos App, but it doesn’t display on the Tidbyt. Hoping someone can get this going!!

#3 should be priority. It’s very difficult to make out the name of the song when it scrolls because it doesn’t pause briefly at first. The album should also pause if it’s going to scroll.

Lastly, I noticed if you tell Sonos to play a specific song, it won’t show on the Tidbyt. Sometimes I want to take a video demonstrating the Tidbyt for someone, using a song they know. But taking a video of me doing this just makes Tidbyt look bad, because it never shows the song.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.