render.WrappedText

According to https://github.com/tidbyt/pixlet/blob/main/render/wrappedtext.go, line 82 (as of commit 692e037ce39b94ec41807c6ff2e170b5f0ac9191), the height of the drawing context is clipped to bounds.Dy() when the measured height (h) is larger than it. I am attempting to create a vertical Marquee within a Column, and bounds.Dy() is apparently double the height of the Marquee, so any text larger than double the size of the Marquee is chopped off. Is there a more correct way to size the WrappedText’s height to the extent of the text being rendered rather than double the size of the Marquee?

I can hack render/wrappedtext.go to do what I want, but it without understanding the intent of clipping the height of the drawing context to bounds.Dy() , it’s hard to come up the right change to offer.

After some time wrangling with this, it seems that marquee.go is limiting its content to double its width/height (depending on whether it’s horizontal or vertical). Can this limit be relaxed? Would it be better to post this request as an issue on the pixlet github?

2 Likes

The fix for this is in Pixlet 0.6.0

1 Like