Pollen app requires subscription

Just a note that might save someone else some time, not only does the new Pollen Count app require a developer key from tomorrow.io, it also requires a paid tomorrow.io account as pollen is not part of the free data.

This doesn’t make it a bad app, but these requirements should be stated so users know what they’re getting into. (Also, brace yourself for an onslaught of email from tomorrow. io once you sign up – they send a ridiculous number of follow-up spammy emails)

3 Likes

I found this out when trying the flight tracker apps. I agree it would be good to know before getting into it.

1 Like

their rate limits are very small, but I thought the api key was free… although maybe I hadn’t hit the end of a free trial unsure. I know you can get a free api key though and I was able to get values. Agreed on the spammy emails though from tomorrow.io

1 Like

Wow, strange. Maybe pollen counts are free for some cities, and not others? My free key definitely won’t grant me access to the locations I have tried.

Oddly enough it appears to be working somewhat for Raleigh NC. At least the pollen count is changing. I didn’t pay anything.