Please Welcome Pär!

Overview

Our team has grown by 33%! @par is joining Tidbyt full time as a Product Lead. He brings 10 years of experience in product focused roles at Spotify and will be leading our product roadmap, engaging with our customers, and overall providing another set of hands around here.

Introduction

In Pär’s own words:

Hey everyone! My name is Par and I just joined the Tidbyt team to work on product development. One important aspect of that is the input from this community, to listen to how you use the product today and what you would like to see going forward. I’m just getting ramped up here this week but I would love to hear your thoughts on what you would like to see in the future, feel free to reach out anytime!

Feedback Wanted

Have things that @par should be aware of? Let us know in the comments below.

10 Likes

Welcome, Par! I love my Tidbyt. My quick list:

1. Each app have its own defined display time.
  2. Overall stock market info (DOW, etc), not just individual stocks
  3. Apple Music (I suspect this is an Apple API limitation)
1 Like

Hello Pär - also love my Tidbyt and would love to see the following features:

• Stock App; allow for an individual timeframe to be set per instance / stock. Currently it only shows the current day

• Allow each app to have its own defined display time (how long it is displayed)

• Allow the option to totally turn off the display based on a schedule. Currently we can only set it to show a clock when “off”. It’s ok to maybe have a small one LED blinking dot somewhere to show that the device is actually on

• Send out a notification in the app when a new Tidbyt app is available or allow the users to sign up for a notification service

• Tesla Integration (show car battery status, show powerwall charge status etc.) I am aware that this requires a personal login. I hope it could work just like it does for twitter / sonos etc.

2 Likes

Great to see the Tidbyt team growing! Congrats!

1 Like

Welcome @par stoked that you’re on the team!

I just got mine in the mail today and I’m excited about the future of it.

One thing that I’m looking at the moment that would be great to have is some sort of tides app that displays high and low tide times at a particular location. I see in these forms it’s been talked about before. But I haven’t seen much since then.

Welcome, @par

I would love for the Google Calendar app to be able to display shared/subscribed calendars, as we manage our household scheduling with shared calendars (family, kids, school, sports, etc.)

Thanks!

Welcome, @par! My request list includes:

1. Allow apps to slide in from the right as the previous app slides out on the left. This would add nice motion to the screen and look more like the news tickers seen on TV.
  2. More control over the time apps remain on the screen, customizable to the individual apps themselves. Some apps just require more time than others, so this really needs to be customizable.

Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome!

Top on my mind:

• As an advanced Tidbyt user, I want to be able to toggle the display on/off via the Tidbyt API, so that I can automate and turn on my Tidbyt when people are at home and are going to see it.
1 Like

Welcome, great to see the team growing. I just bought my second Tydbit for my dest at work. I’d love to see the ability to add RSS functionality. There are several services that I use that utilize RSS, this would take my setups to the next level!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to give a belated thank you to all the welcome messages!
Just wanted to share that we posted an update around the areas we are looking to improve right now which you can read here

While these are overall focus areas, we will continue to review ideas a feature requests that you come up with to see what we can implement!

P.S. @mbaier, I hope you saw that there is now a Tesla app available, developed by MrRobot245

where do I find the tesla app? I cannot find it in the app or by searching the forums.

Did you search it in the app? it showed up for me when I searched Tesla. You’ll have to click on the magnifying glass to be able to search when you go to add a new app.

It’s called teslafi - it’s a third party service that needs a monthly paid subscription unfortunately

Ok, thanks… Is there a way to browse all the apps avail, besides going through the categories I already did in app? Like this tesla one, I would never have known about it because I didn’t search tesla etc. So is there someway to browse everything avail that is no listed?

If you click search and don’t type anything you can scroll through them all

1 Like