Pixlet homebrew installation not working

I was looking to get started with pixlet and ran into this error when trying to install via homebrew. Is there an issue at the moment or is this a user error? :smiley: Thanks!

I believe this was an Apple silicon / M1 issue. I ended up building pixlet from the source. Here’s what I ended up doing:

Update .zshrc / .bashrc:

export CPATH=/opt/homebrew/include
export LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/homebrew/lib
export PATH=/PATH/TO/pixlet:$PATH

Install Golang and WebP via Homebrew

brew install go
brew install webp

Continue with Pixlet install steps

Thanks for the workaround. I’m new to macs so this was helpful. I am having trouble though getting anything to run. I tried the command $ pixlet serve --watch examples/clock.star but just get an error zsh: command not found: $. I have a feeling I haven’t configured my zsh file correctly, but am at a loss as to what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you including the “$” when typing the command? If so, you should not, that is just a placeholder for the command prompt. The command should start with pixlet

oh that wasn’t too smart of me. Well now that I didn’t include $ it is now saying zsh: command not found: pixlet. So I must have done something wrong in the setup.

When you did this line did you replace the “/PATH/TO” part with the path to the pixlet binary?

YES! That works. I thought that looked like I should have changed it. My bad.

Thank you so much for the help.

Any idea why this is happening, other than it is pointing to a web directory which no longer appears on github?

pixlet % make build
rm -f pixlet
go build -o pixlet tidbyt.dev/pixlet

github.com/harukasan/go-libwebp/webp

…/go/pkg/mod/github.com/tidbyt/[email protected]/webp/anim_decode.go:7:10: fatal error: ‘webp/demux.h’ file not found
#include <webp/demux.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make: *** [build] Error 2

Was running into the same issue. Could you try to run the following:

sudo apt install libwebp-dev

This ended up bringing the files needed in and allowed me to build pixlet.

1 Like

Thank you! I had to do a couple of additional workarounds to deal with the M1, but this set me on the right path!

1 Like

Hi folks!

So sorry for the issues here. We were able to add support for Apple M1 as of Pixlet version v0.8.4 . Please try the brew install again and let us know if you have any additional issues!

1 Like