To test my apps and see what they look like directly on the Tidbyt, I created a way to emulate the community Tidbyt server so that I could continuously cycle through one or more of my apps and create updated renderings and push the WebP’s to my Tidbyt.
The use cases for the emulation are to:
- Handle the management of any Tidbyt digital display device
- Push .webp files generated from .star files to the Tidbyt
- Have the ability to display WebP’s for specific durations
- Have the ability to not display selected WebP’s because it is night
- Have the ability to queue the order that the Tidbyt apps are displayed on the screen
- Have the ability to continuously cycle through the selected apps
- Already have the next WebP ready to be pushed to Tidbyt as the current WebP finishes displaying
The README file and the tidbyt_server script can be found in the following repository:
Let me know if you find it useful.