Need a developer

Just found out my Tidbyt has been shipped (woohoo!) and I have a specific use in mind- but could use some help with development.

Pretty simple- display a few numbers from an online data feed in a specific format. These numbers update every 5 minutes on my specific URL in json format.

Anyone available to assist?

Dave
[email protected]

1 Like

Hi Dave,

I’m very new to Tidbyt development, but I think I could help you out here! Do you want to outline some details here, or via email?

Jeremy

Jeremy, great to hear from you! Thank you for being willing to help. I put together a brief PDF and video. Let me know what you think! - Dave

PDF: Dropbox - BG Data - Tidbyt App.pdf - Simplify your life
Video: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Cool project! Looks fairly straightforward, let me see if I can throw something together this afternoon.

Jeremy

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

FYI, a better way to communicate might be outside of this Tidbyt chat, I don’t get notifications regularly.

My info:
[email protected]
813-523-1080

happy to jump on a skype/zoom if it’s easier.

Thanks again!

Dave

1 Like

Just for anyone following along, this didn’t end up being too bad. Biggest pain in the ass was creating all the icons for the arrows in - it would be nice if starlark supported loading local images.

I’ll upload the code to my git repo when I get a chance. Would love to know the next steps for getting this published.

3 Likes

Wow Jeremy, this is fantastic!

@rohan what would it take to get this app available on my Tidbyt? Love to test it out.

Great stuff!

Dave

I’ve added my code here: https://github.com/jer-tav/tidbyt_apps/blob/main/nightscout/nightscout.star

3 Likes

I’ve made some pretty significant updates to this to improve formatting, add some options, etc. Including a clock and the ability to show an optional graph of the last 3 hours of readings.
See my code below. If you like it, let’s get it on the app.

2 Likes

For anyone stumbling on this thread… there’s now a Nightscout app available on the Tidbyt directly. Just search Nightscout in the mobile app.