National Rail

Hi all,

Does anyone have issues with the National Rail app under Transit? It seems to appear fine in the “preview” setting when it appears for selection, but as soon as I click it, the preview screen goes blank with a line through the cloud.

Benedict

Yes, the same. More broadly, what does that symbol mean?

As if by magic it appears to now be working! Many thanks to whoever sorted it out.

Hmm, for me it changed from the cloud with a line through it to “Train times not available” if I select, for instance, Kings Cross to Leeds. I wonder if it’s because I’m out of the country? Or are they on strike again?

Fails for me from Milton Keynes to London Euston - I get the “Train times not available”.
Is there a twitter/contact for the app? Or can we get our own National Rail API key if it hits a limit?

Hi, I made the app. I don’t think the problem is API limits, the key is good for 5000 requests / hour and there’s a lot of caching on Tidbyt’s side.

It looks like currently it’s getting a bunch of “invalid CRS code supplied” errors from the National Rail API. These are three-letter codes used to describe stations.

It’s a horrible API to work with, but it’s on my radar now. Thanks!

1 Like

Found the problem and have sent in a fix:

This bug only cropped up when setting a filter station. Please let me know if you spot anything else wrong.

1 Like