Manual App Cycle

Can we have a feature where we can choose to manually cycle through apps with the touch button? I feel that muting/scheduling/timing apps is tedious. I don’t want to see everything all the time, just when I want to.

Edit for clarity:
What I want is the ability to only see one app at a time without any of the apps cycling. For example, I only want to see the time and date 99% of the time. All the other apps which display other information is something I want to do manually. I don’t want apps cycling.

That should actually be the default behavior of the button when you tap it once.

If it’s not doing that, check the device settings in the Tidbyt app. On the Touch tab, the single tap action should be set to “Skip forward”.

Thanks for the reply, Rohan. I see now that my original post wasn’t clear enough. I just want to disable app cycling altogether. Let me manually cycle through apps only. Is there a way to do that? Or is this something that’s already in the works?

Oh interesting. Literally never considered that as an option. Let me think about how to do it.

1 Like

I’m glad to have brought it up.

I placed the bTidbyt next to my monitor, at the edge of my periphery. During work however, I find the cycling distracting. Disabling app cycling would be helpful. I would love to see the option to manually cycle through apps. Thank you, Rohan.

This is a great suggestion. In my scenario I’d like to pause app cycling once I am on the mlb score app set to my team.

I’d tap the button once the game starts. I’d be able to always glance at the tidbyt for live scores.

Once the game is over I’d tap the button to resume cycling apps.

1 Like

How about long press to turn off app cycling - the current app remains on the screen indefinitely. Tap switches to the next displayed app (no cycling). Long press toggles app cycling back on.

3 Likes