Known issues

Here’s a couple issues that we’re currently aware of:

• Wi-fi networks without a password.
    For now, Tidbyt can only connect to wi-fi networks that have a password. If you have a network without a password (an unsecured home network, or a corporate network), Tidbyt will not be able to connect to it.
1 Like

@rohan, quick question on the WiFi portion of this post – I think there might be a typo in what you’ve written here? The first sentence says it can connect to WiFi networks with a password, but then the last clause of the paragraph says it can’t connect to networks with a password – is the last sentence supposed to say it can’t connect to networks without a password?

Second question – are there certain WiFi authentication types that Tidbyt supports and doesn’t support? I’d love to use it at work and connect it to our corporate network (which does have a password using WPA2 Enterprise / PEAP-MSCHAPv2 / 802.1x RADIUS authentication) – but I have a feeling that is probably not supported as of now?

My only other option would be to use our guest wifi, which doesn’t have a password – which doesn’t sound currently supported :slight_smile:

Lastly, is there a way to get the MAC address of our Tidbyt? Some users may need it to register their devices on certain networks

Oops, totally a typo, thanks for catching it! To be precise, Tidbyt can connect to networks with WEP, WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK. So no, guest wifi isn’t supported and neither is RADIUS. We can probably add support for guest wifi without too much trouble (it just hasn’t been something that folks have requested up to now).

Also, good call on the MAC address. We don’t show that right now but can add something in the app to show it to you during the setup process.

1 Like