Just found this, like a Tidbyt but with e-ink

Just found this: https://usetrmnl.com/

Found it interesting because it has a similar premise as the Tidbyt but the display is made of e-ink (like a Kindle). It has a higher resolution and can show more stuff on the screen, but it is also black & white and has no animations.

What are your thoughts on the “Kindlebyt”? :smile:

1 Like

Meh. That thing is smaller than the nav/infotainment screen in a car. No thanks.

That would be awesome for my desk setup. I currently have my Tidbyt infront of my desk. Not very ideal for readability specially with my eye sight (and apps that have dizzying, fast animations). I have ordered some acrylic panel and matrix diffuser as well. Will see how that goes. Funnily enough, I have been trying to look for an e-ink small display for my desk. It is cheaper than Tidbyt so thats cool for my wallet as well lol

1 Like

The Tidbyt is 8.2" x 4.4" I believe, and this gadget is 6.75" x 4.5". Not that far off

It looks awful. The Tydbit is really a unique design

I’m surprised it has things like YouTube (in black and white?) but no weather. Haha. This could be a good display for a Tempest unit.

It’s a YouTube analytics app, to show the number of followers and stuff like that.
e-ink displays have a very slow refresh rate, they are not suitable for displaying videos and animation.

This is the list of apps and there’s a “Weather” one there!

I think this will be like Tidbyt, after launch people will start asking for new apps and they will probably add them gradually.

Oh, I see. That makes more sense.

It’s interesting. I thought about getting my dad a Tidbyt, but this seems like it would be more his style.