Install Pixlet RaspberryPi 4 32bit

I have successfully installed Tidbyt on a 65bit linux box for testing. I am now trying to get it up and running on a raspberrypi that I have. I run the build command and get the following error.

go: finding tidbyt.dev/pixlet/dist latest
build tidbyt.dev/pixlet: cannot find module for path embed

I have removed everything and tried again and still the same error. I have copied the source entire fold of source files from the working linux distro and it still gives the same error.

Any thoughts?

Hi there,

That error indicates that the frontend devtools have not been built. You’ll need to install the frontend dependencies. Run the following before you make build:

npm install && npm run build

So I ran the above, thought I had run it last night but must have not been paying attention.

Here is the error.

npm run build
npm WARN npm npm does not support Node.js v10.24.0
npm WARN npm You should probably upgrade to a newer version of node as we
npm WARN npm can’t make any promises that npm will work with this version.
npm WARN npm Supported releases of Node.js are the latest release of 4, 6, 7, 8, 9.
npm WARN npm You can find the latest version at https://nodejs.org/

[email protected] build /home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet
webpack --config webpack.prod.js

[webpack-cli] HookWebpackError: Not supported
at makeWebpackError (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack/lib/H ookWebpackError.js:48:9)
at hooks.processAssets.callAsync.err (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modu les/webpack/lib/Compilation.js:3058:12)
at eval (eval at create (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/tapable/l ib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), :70:1)
at err (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js :509:26)
at compilation.hooks.processAssets.tapAsync (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/no de_modules/copy-webpack-plugin/dist/index.js:708:13)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)
– inner error –
Error: Not supported
at compilation.hooks.processAssets.tapAsync (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/no de_modules/copy-webpack-plugin/dist/index.js:704:13)
at fn (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js: 508:9)
at Hook.eval [as callAsync] (eval at create (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/no de_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), :68:1)
at Hook.CALL_ASYNC_DELEGATE [as _callAsync] (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/no de_modules/tapable/lib/Hook.js:18:14)
at cont (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.j s:3055:34)
at createChunkAssets.err (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack/ lib/Compilation.js:3103:10)
at symbolIterator (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/neo-async/async .js:3485:9)
at done (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/neo-async/async.js:3527:9 )
at /home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/neo-async/async.js:2830:7
at done (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/neo-async/async.js:2865:1 1)
caused by plugins in Compilation.hooks.processAssets
Error: Not supported
at compilation.hooks.processAssets.tapAsync (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/no de_modules/copy-webpack-plugin/dist/index.js:704:13)
at fn (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.js: 508:9)
at Hook.eval [as callAsync] (eval at create (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/no de_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), :68:1)
at Hook.CALL_ASYNC_DELEGATE [as _callAsync] (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/no de_modules/tapable/lib/Hook.js:18:14)
at cont (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compilation.j s:3055:34)
at createChunkAssets.err (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack/ lib/Compilation.js:3103:10)
at symbolIterator (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/neo-async/async .js:3485:9)
at done (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/neo-async/async.js:3527:9 )
at /home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/neo-async/async.js:2830:7
at done (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/neo-async/async.js:2865:1 1)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 2
npm ERR! [email protected] build: webpack --config webpack.prod.js
npm ERR! Exit status 2
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] build script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional log ging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2022-03-02T14_57_22_762Z-debug.log

More information: Cleaned up NPM and rebuilt. Started and got this error.

npm start
npm WARN npm npm does not support Node.js v10.24.0
npm WARN npm You should probably upgrade to a newer version of node as we
npm WARN npm can’t make any promises that npm will work with this version.
npm WARN npm Supported releases of Node.js are the latest release of 4, 6, 7, 8, 9.
npm WARN npm You can find the latest version at https://nodejs.org/

[email protected] start /home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet
webpack serve --config webpack.dev.js

[webpack-dev-server] [HPM] Proxy created: /api → http://localhost:8080
[webpack-cli] /home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/lib/servers/WebsocketServer.js:10
static heartbeatInterval = 1000;
^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token =
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:723:23)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:789:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:653:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:593:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:585:3)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:692:17)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:25:18)
at Server.getServerTransport (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/lib/Server.js:1663:28)
at Server.createWebSocketServer (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/lib/Server.js:2443:57)
at Server.start (/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet/node_modules/webpack-dev-server/lib/Server.js:3229:12)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 2
npm ERR! [email protected] start: webpack serve --config webpack.dev.js
npm ERR! Exit status 2
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2022-03-02T15_21_44_525Z-debug.log

I have another webservice running on this machine, but not on this port. How can I run both? Am I heading in the right direction?

OK… I got through the last error by updating NPM and NodeJS. I then re-ran the commands you stated with no errors. Ran the “make build” still get the same thing.

root@HTPiHubG2v1:/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet# npm install
npm WARN old lockfile
npm WARN old lockfile The package-lock.json file was created with an old version of npm,
npm WARN old lockfile so supplemental metadata must be fetched from the registry.
npm WARN old lockfile
npm WARN old lockfile This is a one-time fix-up, please be patient…
npm WARN old lockfile

up to date, audited 699 packages in 48s

102 packages are looking for funding
run npm fund for details

found 0 vulnerabilities
root@HTPiHubG2v1:/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet# npm run build

[email protected] build
webpack --config webpack.prod.js

assets by info 2.49 MiB [immutable]
assets by path *.woff2 159 KiB
asset fbec73474c1c92fba7af.woff2 119 KiB [emitted] [immutable] [from: node_modules/@fontsource/material-icons/files/material-icons-base-400-normal.woff2] (auxiliary name: main)
asset 7fa387951673abf164b1.woff2 20.6 KiB [emitted] [immutable] [from: node_modules/@fontsource/barlow/files/barlow-latin-400-normal.woff2] (auxiliary name: main)
asset da26d162ff5af71d6590.woff2 13 KiB [emitted] [immutable] [from: node_modules/@fontsource/barlow/files/barlow-latin-ext-400-normal.woff2] (auxiliary name: main)
asset 7e78e8338af7efeda712.woff2 6.59 KiB [emitted] [immutable] [from: node_modules/@fontsource/barlow/files/barlow-vietnamese-400-normal.woff2] (auxiliary name: main)
assets by path *.woff 191 KiB
asset 88899cc48af9534ab3fb.woff 152 KiB [emitted] [immutable] [from: node_modules/@fontsource/material-icons/files/material-icons-base-400-normal.woff] (auxiliary name: main)
asset 9a898b4c5f67effe33ec.woff 39.1 KiB [emitted] [immutable] [from: node_modules/@fontsource/barlow/files/barlow-all-400-normal.woff] (auxiliary name: main)
asset main.b8c9f1962a3849c12508.js 1.97 MiB [emitted] [immutable] [minimized] [big] (name: main) 2 related assets
asset b14b22d8f14772ee223b.png 179 KiB [emitted] [immutable] [from: src/features/preview/mask.png] (auxiliary name: main)
assets by path …/ 411 bytes
asset …/index.html 303 bytes [emitted]
asset …/dist.go 108 bytes [emitted] [from: src/dist.go.txt] [copied]
asset favicon.png 579 bytes [emitted]
orphan modules 3.95 MiB [orphan] 981 modules
runtime modules 2.47 KiB 7 modules
cacheable modules 3.54 MiB (javascript) 529 KiB (asset)
modules by path ./node_modules/ 436 KiB (javascript) 350 KiB (asset)
javascript modules 435 KiB 134 modules
asset modules 252 bytes (javascript) 350 KiB (asset)
modules by path ./node_modules/@fontsource/barlow/ 168 bytes (javascript) 79.3 KiB (asset) 4 modules
modules by path ./node_modules/@fontsource/material-icons/ 84 bytes (javascript) 271 KiB (asset) 2 modules
modules by path ./src/ 3.11 MiB (javascript) 179 KiB (asset)
modules by path ./src/features/schema/ 3.87 KiB 2 modules
modules by path ./src/features/preview/ 1.79 KiB (javascript) 179 KiB (asset) 2 modules
+ 4 modules

WARNING in asset size limit: The following asset(s) exceed the recommended size limit (244 KiB).
This can impact web performance.
Assets:
main.b8c9f1962a3849c12508.js (1.97 MiB)

WARNING in entrypoint size limit: The following entrypoint(s) combined asset size exceeds the recommended limit (244 KiB). This can impact web performance.
Entrypoints:
main (1.97 MiB)
main.b8c9f1962a3849c12508.js

WARNING in webpack performance recommendations:
You can limit the size of your bundles by using import() or require.ensure to lazy load some parts of your application.
For more info visit Code Splitting | webpack

webpack 5.69.1 compiled with 3 warnings in 155733 ms
root@HTPiHubG2v1:/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet# make build
rm -f pixlet
rm -rf ./build
rm -rf ./out
go build -o pixlet tidbyt.dev/pixlet
build tidbyt.dev/pixlet: cannot find module for path embed
make: *** [Makefile:20: build] Error 1
root@HTPiHubG2v1:/home/homeseer/pixlet/pixlet#

So for the other instance I have up and running I just copied the binary file from the download and did not build it myself. I am getting a similar error when trying to build on the system where it is working. This leads me to something in the source files that may be conflicting. I’m just lost at this point.

OK. So I went in and cleaned up some duplicate Go installations. I then went and updated the PATH with the correct go install. Manually installed embed.go and then re-ran make build. All worked. Very strange. This was a 10 hour journey.