Install pixlet on raspberry pi zero

Hi,

I’m trying to install pixlet on a raspberry pi zero, following suggestions in this forum and https://github.com/drudge/homebridge-tidbyt/wiki#how-do-you-install-pixlet-on-the-raspberry-pi. I was able to get through the steps on the latter page up to step 4, where I get the following error

pi@raspberrypi:~/pixlet $ npm install
npm WARN read-shrinkwrap This version of npm is compatible with lockfileVersion@1, but package-lock.json was generated for lockfileVersion@2. I'll try to do my best with it!
npm ERR! code EBADPLATFORM
npm ERR! notsup Unsupported platform for [email protected]: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"linux","arch":"arm"})
npm ERR! notsup Valid OS:    darwin
npm ERR! notsup Valid Arch:  any
npm ERR! notsup Actual OS:   linux
npm ERR! notsup Actual Arch: arm

I’d appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
Leon

It looks like you’re trying to install the darwin (macOS) version instead of the Linux version.

1 Like

Gordon is right, the architecture is incorrect. Did you have a successful installation, after correcting to the os to arm?

I’m sorry, I guess I am too much of a newbie. I thought the source was platform independent, or at least I don’t know how to correct it. It does work pretty far through the install, and seems to have trouble only after pages of activity in the log file.