I can't get pixlet command on Windows to work. Any suggestions?

First off, apologies if this isn’t the right forum. I’ve gone through the steps outlined in building Pixlet on Windows and everything has appeared to work. However, when I try to run the command pixlet render examples/bitcoin.star as outlined in the documentation, I get the error bash: pixlet: command not found.

I’m thinking it could be an issue with the PATH environment variable but I’m not positive. I have added the following to my path: C:\msys64\home\myusername\pixlet\pixlet.exe

I’m running this command in the program MSYS2 MinGW x64, which was installed via the instructions in the link above.

I’m new to this so I’m sure I’m messing something simple up. Can someone help me get on the right track? Thank you!

It sounds like a path issue if you can’t find it. It may still not be on the right path if it still can’t find it. I’m guessing you don’t get anything using pixlet version either? Does the executable work if you do it when you are in the same folder as the .exe?

It worked once I ran the pixlet command from the command prompt instead of MSYS2 MinGW x64! Thank you for your help :smile:

I’ve found that setting up a docker container that installs all the Go/Pixlet dependencies and just running your commands in there is a lot cleaner and keeps you from installing things you don’t necessarily want to on your machine (assuming you already use Docker)

I also have Windows and would like to get pixlet to work within the windows environment. Copying and pasting api keys into the shell does not seem fun worthwhile. I’ve tried installing VS Code but is there a definitive guide on how to get pixlet working in Windows? Every series of steps I follow seems to run into a snag.