How to pass CLA assistant?

I submitted my first pull request two days ago and noticed I didn’t pass the “CLA Assistant” check. The instructions are pretty simple and state that a comment “I have read the CLA Document and I hereby sign the CLA” must be left on the pull request then a different “recheck” comment must be left to trigger the bot. I’ve tried every possible combination of the aforementioned comments and sometimes the CLA script passes and sometimes it fails but in every case the “Some checks were not successful” message never goes away.

Does anyone have any idea how to get past this? I put a comment in the request asking matslina for ideas but I’m not sure how often he checks GitHub or pull requests.

I think its because the files were committed by someone else and they also need to sign the CLA to pass the check. I added a comment to your PR

I love the app by the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

It turns out the someone else was me. I didn’t even catch that the commits were showing up under my old username while everything else was showing my current username. I reset my local git config, started over with a fresh fork, branch and pull request and now everything is coming up green. Thanks for catching that!

Glad you like the app concept! Hopefully it gets merged soon :smiley:

No problem, glad you got it sorted out!