Home Assistant integration

Hi Tidbyt enthousiast,

If it could be integrated with Home Assistant the possibility’s would be endless.

Just a few ideas through HA
-sending a notification to Tidbyt
(So it will display when garbage gets collected)
-warnings if sensors detect something
-what’s playing on Sonos
-weather updates (temperature, rain and UV)

I heard it could be done through the Rest integration, donno if that’s the best way to do it and if that would cover the above.

Hi @Duff78,
I’m not a Tidbyt owner, but I believe this could be easily done via REST API or even just using the push command from Pixlet, and using Home Assistant automations/Node Red.

1 Like

I would also suggest such things as a Ring Thermostat. I dont know if that falls under smart home systems or just the ring ecosphere. But something similar to a smart thermostat.

1 Like

For those that don’t know about home assistant, You can connect everything into home assistant and use its automation engine to report all types of messages and state alerts. They have a full partner echo system and with integration to Home Assistant, Tidbyt could become one of the defacto messaging interface to consume message data!!

1 Like

It would be fantastic to display when lights are left on, what is playing on Google home speakers, display broadcast messages, and status of sensors. I’m sure it would be rather difficult to make Tidbyt be considered a “display” given its limited resolution. Not going to hold my breath, but it would be a big advantage getting this one working.

SmartThings & HomeAssistant are a must! Quick status page to see if device automation completed successfully, notifications would be cool, is XYZ on/off. etc.

1 Like

Just think of the additional sales Tidbyt would have if we could easily send messages from Home Assistant. Crazy that a couple of years have gone by, still no HA integration.

It would be great to have Tidbyt interact with Home Assistant.

For example if I start watching something on TV I have an automation script that dims the lights. I would like to have the Tidbyt lock to a clock or specific app while watching a movie or something.

Thanks.