App Intervals

First, amazing job on the device. It looks beautiful :clap:

I saw a topic about App Rotation, so I thought I’d post my requests.

-Ability to set per app interval timer (i.e. one app for 5s, another for 2s, and so on, per app).

-Ability to “weight” the cycles. I.e. I want the clock to show 90% of the time, weather 5%, stocks 5%.

-Ability to show an app X times per hour. Sunset/Sunrise app is cool, but only want to see it 5x per hour, vs. once per cycle.

I second the variable timer per app. Some of the apps are very difficult to read (ie. the MLB and NFL league scoreboards) because they cycle through each game too fast.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I am new to the Tidbyt community so bear with me and my silly questions here.

I love the app intervals feature request. Is this a feature developers in the Tidbyt community can contribute to? I know we can make our own apps, Im just not sure how much of the platforms source code is open-source.

For this one, likely this will be 100% Tidbyt, because it deals with variable load on their servers, which as an architect, I would want to control 100%. For instance, I wouldn’t want a developer to put a 100ms app timer in there and DDoS the Tidbyt platform because of a typo.

The concern there is completely understandable. What about version control, unit / feature / integration testing, pull request approval? At the very least, I imagine submitting a pull request to be reviewed by Tidbyt engineers wouldn’t be the most far fetched thing in the world.

I just got mine and it’s great but planning my own intervals was the first thing I was surprised I couldn’t do. Scheduling is good but, I would love more control.

2 Likes

Just got mine and love it! Yes, scheduling app intervals would be super great!!

3 Likes