Ambient Weather App by Jon Maddox

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to set the Ambient Weather App by Jon Maddox and am having trouble figuring out where to get the Application Key, API Key, and the Station ID.

There isn’t any documentation.

Thanks for any help!
Jim

You can learn more on how to set it up with it’s readme file here:

In order to set up Ambient Weather, you’ll need to gather a few things from your Ambient Weather account - https://ambientweather.net/account.

1. Your Application Key
  2. Your API Key
  3. Your Station’s MAC address

You can create a new API key on your account page. If you haven’t already created one, an Application Key will be generated automatically for you.

You can find the MAC address of your station on your devices page.

Working great here–thank you for this! I have been looking everywhere for an app for my AW weather station! LOVING IT!

1 Like

Got it working. Thanks for the help Jon.

1 Like

@maddox Just an aesthetics question…but is there any way you can make the display without the single-pixel border? My site name is just long enough that it cuts off that single pixel on the ‘t’ at the end! I know it’s petty, but I know that pixel is usable based on my other applications! :slight_smile:

Wonderful! I’ve been looking for an app to pull data from my Ambient weather station, thank you!

Any plans on adding the ability to choose which pieces of data from the station are shown? From your code, it looks like all of the major data points are there so maybe the the display switches between a series of chosen data points?