Aircraft/Flight Number Ident

An even better idea would be arrival, departure info for your nearest airport with a digitized logo for the airline. I’d love to select “DCA” and see ify flight from DC to Dallas was delayed or cancelled.

1 Like

So… is everyone interested mainly in just commercial flights, or is there also interest in smaller aircraft?

1 Like

So basically an airport arrival / departures board for your nearest / chosen airport? I could have a crack at that, I don’t think it would be too difficult.

2 Likes

Here’s what I have so far… Gotta incorporate origin/dest.

9 Likes

I’m working on something like this! It’s working and just needs to be fine-tuned, I’ll post a GitHub repo and full details tomorrow I think. It shows the next departure at the airport of your choice, shows a route map, the aircraft model, gate, time, airline etc.

21 Likes

Would love to see a flight tracker where you input the flight number and the display shows you an ETA , maybe a map like the above post.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone- Coming up for air after snowfall at our airport.

My initial attempt to get Linux/Ubuntu /pixlet working failed. I’ll need to try that again.

@DanS and @Josh_Neronha, your iterations look great!

Definitely the option for all aircraft closest to a location. My hope is to have mine running in my airport operations office and show the next arrival or departure.

3 Likes

What would you be looking for? Arrivals/departures based on IFR flight plans?

Or looking at signals from ADS-B transponders in the area?

What API are you using for data?

As a current ATC, I’m geeking out over this!!!

THIS is perfect! I need this on my Tidbyt like yesterday.

It would be great to specify a location and then see the closest flight based on ADS-B transponder data. I live near a flight path and would love to be able to look up at the plane flying over and look at my Tidbyt to see the info about that flight.

@Josh_Neronha Hey man did you ever finish this? I have a buddy whose a piolet who would love to have it!

1 Like

I have this running on my own Tidbyt, but need to figure out best way to publish it…

2 Likes

I’d there an issue with just submitting it to the community repo?

1 Like

Even if you just copy/paste the code here, would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I just received my Tidbyt and am loving it. I’m a programmer (day job) and a pilot (hobby). I’ve been tinkering with a METAR app and have this so far. Still needs some polish before I submit to the community.

11 Likes

Can’t wait to see this get submitted

3 Likes

This rocks! Yes, would love to see it. Working on an app we can release as well. (ADSBexchange)

3 Likes