Self-hosted tidbyt server

I’ve gotten the firmware made available by @deyavito to run on the Pixlet. All the pins are defined properly and I’ve included a bin file which can be flashed directly. You’ll need to know your way around mqtt to get this firmware to do anything for you. It only works with gif images. It should compile without errors in PlatformIO. https://github.com/tavdog/tidbyt-mqtt

1 Like

No, ESPHome doesn’t have hub75 support out of the box unfortunately. I found this repo where a kind soul has done a lot of the heavy lifting of getting hub75 support into ESPHome. I was able to get ESPHome to print pre-canned messages when clicking a button in Home Assistant, but life took over and I have not had a chance to do much more. Since then newer versions of ESPHome have broken that too. I am still hoping to pick it back up at some point.

With all of that said though, what I really wanted to use this for was to display a low res dashboard from Home Assistant. ESPHome is not well suited for this task, most of the dashboards I have seen require a lot of code to draw the display. I’m thinking about if there is a better way to do this…