Is Pixlet only available on MacOS and Linux?

I just use:

pixlet serve /home/alex/test.star

Then visit the local host link and if your file has no errors it should work

ah yeh the render command indicts that it “failed to load applet: starlark.ExecFile”
Any ideas please?

The problem is on line 7 of your file, where there’s a < that is unexpected. Can’t really tell more from that screen capture.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes very interesting, for the example .star files I right-click in Github and just download…but it comes out like this:

So I think in guide we need to state to copy the text and paste into a new file, do not download .star file from Github.
Now I’ve got the code in there it works:

1 Like

Ahhhhh I see,

I’ll be sure to clarify that point!

Glad it’s all working though

1 Like

I’d like to run Pixlet on a BeagleBone Black, so I’d need a 32bit ARM binary. Has anyone successfully built it that way? Before I go down that path, I thought I’d ask. (32bit ARM could useful for older Raspberry Pi-based servers too.)

Just wanted to say thank you! I followed all the steps and just reached hello world! For some reason wsl was having internet connectivity issues - that is what ended up taking me the longest. Is there a way to view pixlet programs directly in Visual studio and not on local host?

2 Likes

Hi @gordon

While I can’t speak to the specifics of the BeagleBone Black or it’s OS, I am using a Pixlet built from source on my Pi 4 running PiOS which is 32-bit. Maybe my instructions may help you in your quest to get a version that works on the BeagleBone :slight_smile:

@drudge Thank you thank you! Very clear instructions, I think those will set me on the right path. Much appreciated.

figured out that you can view webp files in Visual Studio - so that solves my question

Glad everything is working for you! Feel free to join discord and ask any other questions. We got alot of friendly knowledgeable people there!

Hey @AmillionAir - again thanks so much for the tutorial would not have been able to install pixlet without it. One other small edit, your tutorial points to version 0.9.0 in step three (https://github.com/tidbyt/pixlet/releases/tag/v0.9.0). Might be better to point them too the releases page (https://github.com/tidbyt/pixlet/releases) so they install the latest version. Again thanks so much!

2 Likes