Animated GIFs / Animated PNG's

The ability to upload a small GIF or animated PNG would be awesome.

You can do that using the Photo applet I’m the Tidbyt app.

@drudge I’m pretty sure the photo applet is for static images only. I have not been able to upload GIFS I animated myself. How were you able to do it? Are there any restrictions on file size, file type, etc.? The GIF files I was trying to upload were under 250KB.

@R2D2 - The Photo applet does support GIFs. I’ve used it with several from the internet.

I’ve simply saved the GIF to my Camera Roll on my iPhone, opened the Tidbyt app, added the Photo/image applet and selected my GIF using the Gallery button.

You’ll be shown a preview of the GIF and can pick how it will be cropped to fit on the 64x32 screen.

See these other threads:

1 Like

Reviving this. Still does not work on Android (1.266.11). Can select a GIF from gallery with Photo app, and preview its cropping (also animates there). But when I click the checkmark to accept the crop, the image is not finalized into the app, “selected picture” remains blank.

Tried different source folders, different GIF lengths, different file sizes, etc. This approach is way, way too hard. Need an app.

EDIT: turns out it’s a Tidbyt Android app bug: the GIFs do eventually display on the Tidbyt, just not in the Photo applet or the main card view.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.